• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
PR: VIZAnime.com to Stream Blue Exorcist Anime on 4/20

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jaymie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:36 pm Reply with quote
Finally.

I hope they get the complete rights to Blue Exorcist (Dub and R1 release). The manga is amazing and this series honestly deserves to be the next Fullmetal Alchemist (easiest comparison due to the Adjective Noun name structure).
LagannImpact

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:34 pm Reply with quote
Bah, I haven't even gotten around to seeing Darker than Black yet, but somehow this sounds much better, more reminiscent of Fullmetal Alchemist. Yeah, I might actually stream this one!
malvarez1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:11 pm Reply with quote
VizAnime sure likes their Shonen Jump. They have tons of those. Very Happy
Paploo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:30 pm Reply with quote
malvarez1 wrote:
VizAnime sure likes their Shonen Jump. They have tons of those. Very Happy

Shueisha has been one of VIZ's parent companies since they started the domestic Shonen Jump magazine. As such, they are involved in some way with pretty much all domestic Shonen Jump anime releases since the mag launched, either by releasing it themselves, or by crosspromoting with their partners [which is why in the mag you'll often see articles or the latest Funimation One Piece streams/dvd's or 4Kids YuGiOh broadcasts].

The media division of their other japanese parent company Shogakukan [who helped launch VIZ 25 years ago] has a nice chart explaining how it's all connected right here http://www.shopro.co.jp/english/index.html [though I'm guessing how much involvement they have depends on the given title]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1