• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Appleseed Films' Micott & Basara Files for Bankruptcy

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:00 am Reply with quote
Meh... they weren't that good anyway. Competition's harsh, only the best remain.
Ermat_46

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:16 am Reply with quote
Quote:
"However, the project was suspended at the studio Radix mobanimation, and Radix sued Micott & Basara over production costs. (Micott & Basara counter-sued Radix for restitution and compensation.) "

Q4E
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:36 am Reply with quote
Kinda sounds like these guys don't know how to manage their budget.

Anyhow, I wonder what this means for XIII. If it's still in production I assume it will be cancelled. Otherwise, I don't know.
Tenebrae

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:44 am Reply with quote
Somehow this is not a surprise - their Appleseed films were both rather dire, I doubt they made a lot of profit on them... if at all, as the bankruptcy suggests.
mix303

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:52 pm Reply with quote
Well I admire the work put into both the Appleseed Movies for CGI/Animation. But When you don't keep track of your companys situation sends you to your own downfall and it happens.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:21 pm Reply with quote
If there is one vital skill any person in any business, it's learning to keep a business on a strict budget. It may be the most exciting or "cool" skill to have, but it's what you either keep your business running well or being forced to shut down due to debts.

You would think more CEO's would keep better track of their spending budget, but I guess not with some companies.

There truly is no such item such as free lunch and everything costs money. With some people, it takes a long time to learn that and with others they learn it way too late in the game.

But I was never even the slightest bit interested in Appleseed, so this news really doesn't affect me.
mix303

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:30 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
If there is one vital skill any person in any business, it's learning to keep a business on a strict budget. It may be the most exciting or "cool" skill to have, but it's what you either keep your business running well or being forced to shut down due to debts.

You would think more CEO's would keep better track of their spending budget, but I guess not with some companies.

There truly is no such item such as free lunch and everything costs money. With some people, it takes a long time to learn that and with others they learn it way too late in the game.

But I was never even the slightest bit interested in Appleseed, so this news really doesn't affect me.

Yeah true sort of the same situation in a way with Stu CEO shuting down tokyopop In the Usa in LA. But from mostly from listening from the last ANN podcast Stu was just making crap excuses, & poor company decisions which was brought up on one of the topic's.
GhostShell

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:17 pm Reply with quote
ANN wrote:
Quote:
The animeanime.biz website reports that Appleseed XIII may continue production under a new future arrangement.

As Appleseed XIII was to be released in June, I personally hope that this project is able to be completed, seeing that it would have been so far along in production. As a fan of the CG Appleseed movies, I was looking forward to the thirteen episode series.
grooven

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 pm Reply with quote
And Appleseed delayed again Anime hyper wonder if 3 times >.>
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:29 am Reply with quote
Like the situation with Geneon USA. Don't spend more than you can afford - all those expensive high production values won't save you. Laughing
The Nagabuchi

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:22 am Reply with quote
Damn, I was hoping to see this at the cinema in June too... I hope they had the first film compilation finished, although somehow I doubt it...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1