• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 15th Tezuka Osamu Cultural Prize Winners Announced

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yorozuya

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 3:15 am Reply with quote
This can't be right. I swear FMA already won this prize years ago and Arakawa has been around long enough not to be considered new anymore.

Or maybe I'm just going crazy?
Ahiru77

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 4:23 am Reply with quote
Yorozuya wrote:
This can't be right. I swear FMA already won this prize years ago and Arakawa has been around long enough not to be considered new anymore.

Yeah!

I don't know...ask the judge.
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 6:30 am Reply with quote
Yorozuya wrote:

Strictly speaking, the Shinsei prize was given to Arakawa herself. Asahi awards the prize "to a creator with fresh new talent for original expression or innovative themes."
maaya

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 7:41 am Reply with quote
I suppose it's to comemorate the series' completion. According to the homepage, it's not really a "new artist" award but an award for "an artist with a new style, a new way of expression, a new topic". (oh, too late)
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 4:45 pm Reply with quote
Yorozuya wrote:

You are going crazy! Most likely you are confusing the Tezuka Osamu award with the Shogakukan Manga Award for shōnen which Fullmetal Alchemist won in 2004.

If am not mistaken this award sounds even more prestigious so way to go Arakawa.

As for Arakawa not being new. Well sure she is. Fullmetal Alchemist has been around for some time. But it is Arakawa's first major series and it was quite a success.
Sariachan

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 2:00 pm Reply with quote
She deserves the prize. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
egoist

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 3:06 pm Reply with quote
maaya wrote:
I suppose it's to comemorate the series' completion. According to the homepage, it's not really a "new artist" award but an award for "an artist with a new style, a new way of expression, a new topic". (oh, too late)

Wonder what's new about Brotherhood.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1