• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Nintendo Announces Four New Legend of Zelda Releases

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:28 pm Reply with quote
I've been looking forward to Legend of Zelda and The Skyward sword since I heard about it early November last year. It looks quite awesome and really fun.

Haven't played a good Zelda game since Twilight Princess, so I really do look forward to getting it later this year. Maybe six months from now, maybe earlier or even later.

The other Zelda games are for the 3DS and I don't have a 3DS, nor do I want a 3DS. I played the last Zelda game several years ago I think, so I'll probably pass on that.
PetrifiedJello

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:39 pm Reply with quote
The article title's misleading. I count only 1 new game.
Jetstream2

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:45 pm Reply with quote
PetrifiedJello wrote:

The title says 4 new releases not 4 new games. How is that misleading?
potatochobit

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:26 pm Reply with quote
I love how they keep releasing the same damn game over and over.

can we please just get the wii release so I can play it and sell my wii.
fireaxe

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:14 pm Reply with quote
Jetstream2 wrote:
PetrifiedJello wrote:

Notice that PetrijiedJello said "misleading", not "inaccurate".
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
The Naked Beast

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:51 pm Reply with quote
I am tired of seeing game companies re-releasing games on current generation consoles. Just because they remaster it in HD format and add a few new features here and there doesn't make it a "new" game. Well, people still buy it so there is a lot to say about that.

Other than that, I am looking forward to the The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. I do not even remember when was the last time I used my Nintendo Wii.
monkeyshinobi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:22 pm Reply with quote
Yesss! I've been waiting for more news on Skyward Sword! Yeahh...i haven't bought a new Wii game in ages...

And i am looking forward to Ocarina of Time 3d...even though i don't have a 3DS lol Anime hyper
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:09 pm Reply with quote
fireaxe wrote:
Jetstream2 wrote:
PetrifiedJello wrote:

Notice that PetrijiedJello said "misleading", not "inaccurate".

The reason it's misleading is because there's only one game that's really new content. The other 3 are just remakes of old games.
kawaiibunny3

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:45 pm Reply with quote
I'm so looking forward to Skyward Sword~ (i need to play Twilight Princess again...)

if I was made of money I'd get the other releases to. but this year's been pretty bad for me :/ i cant even afford to get the new Utena and Keroro box sets... (which is killing me inside you have no idea..)
Lightning Leo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:33 am Reply with quote
TBH I'm not much excited for Skyward Sword. I haven't really loved a Zelda game since Ocarina of Time, sadly to say, and Skyward Sword seems to be heading in the same direction as the recent incarnations of our green-clad hero. OoT was perfectly balanced, innovative, and classic... The follow-ups so far have been good, but fairly derivative, and nowhere near hitting the masterpiece sweet-spot that OoT captured for its generation.

Now the Zelda demo shown on the Wii U, with Link fighting the Tarantula in a church, and what I'm guessing is Navi flying about... that looks like a Zelda game I'd like to try out. Shocked

kawaiibunny3 wrote:
I'm so looking forward to Skyward Sword~ (i need to play Twilight Princess again...)

if I was made of money I'd get the other releases to. but this year's been pretty bad for me :/ i can't even afford to get the new Utena and Keroro box sets... (which is killing me inside you have no idea..)

You're not alone comrade, I feel the pain too. So much awesome stuff to buy, yet I can only get the bare minimum at the moment. I'm looking forward to sunnier somedays when I can fill a pool with anime Blu-rays and drown myself in it... which coincidentally, would probably feel better than looking at it all knowing I can't buy it. Just gotta keep on keeping on! Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1