• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Eva:2.0 Returns to Theaters on Same Night It Airs on TV

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Anagelic One

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:03 pm Reply with quote
Any word on when the 3rd film's going to be made/released?
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:15 pm Reply with quote
The Anagelic One wrote:

None that I've found, so far, but hopefully this is a preemptive measure to garner hype before they announce the 3rd. *fingers crossed*
B.K.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:21 pm Reply with quote
The Anagelic One wrote:

No. Newtype had an interview with Anno and Khara staff a couple months ago and all Anno said was to be patient.
Guren Alchemist4

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:42 pm Reply with quote
Ashen Phoenix wrote:
The Anagelic One wrote:

None that I've found, so far, but hopefully this is a preemptive measure to garner hype before they announce the 3rd. *fingers crossed*

From you lips to god's ears. I've been hoping for an announcement for some time now. It's right up there on my wish list along with Funimation announcing season 4 of One Piece.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:32 pm Reply with quote
Murder She wrote:

... five theaters across Japan will screen a "TV version" of Evangelion: 2.0 You Can [Not] Advance at the same time as the film airs on television on Friday, August 26.

So basically, fans would be paying $12.80 (plus popcorn and drinks) for the same thing that they can watch on TV for free, just for the big screen. Laughing
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:29 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
Murder She wrote:

... five theaters across Japan will screen a "TV version" of Evangelion: 2.0 You Can [Not] Advance at the same time as the film airs on television on Friday, August 26.

So basically, fans would be paying $12.80 (plus popcorn and drinks) for the same thing that they can watch on TV for free, just for the big screen. Laughing

Yeah, I have to agree. Bigger screen, gotcha... but still, why exactly would anyone want to do this again? Too young to catch the original run?
Megiddo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:35 pm Reply with quote
Considering it's only 5 theaters, I imagine it's just for the fans that want the experience of seeing it in a theater again. Ya know, like those people who would watch Avatar 30 times or whatever.
Hellfish

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:37 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
Murder She wrote:

Some people like to see things of the big screen, not for nothing stuff like star wars and avatar were shown again on theaters and people actually flooded the cinemas Anime hyper
In fact the first thing I thought seeing this was "Wow! I bet this thing looks breathtaking on the big screen!"
R315r4z0r

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:41 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
Murder She wrote:

And with a high quality sound system and the perfect environment for enjoying a movie better than you could at home.

Seeing a movie in a theater always tops seeing it at home, in my opinion. Sure, you can see the movie for free at home... but you're paying for a much better experience when you see it in a theater.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:04 am Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Considering it's only 5 theaters, I imagine it's just for the fans that want the experience of seeing it in a theater again. Ya know, like those people who would watch Avatar 30 times or whatever.

Or those tween J-birds who kept re-watching Spirited Away for months and months. Laughing

R315r4z0r wrote:
enurtsol wrote:
Murder She wrote:

And with a high quality sound system and the perfect environment for enjoying a movie better than you could at home.

It's one thing if it's the movie version, but it's still the "TV version" - whatever that means, probably cut and scaled-down sounds. Wouldn't it be funny if it was the same TV broadcast feed including commercial ads? Laughing
Togame

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:02 am Reply with quote
TV Version of Rebuild 1.xx included redone animation and redone preview for 2.0, if I remember correctly.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1