• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Grenadier Licensed by Media Blasters

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bayoab

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:50 pm Reply with quote
Can we get some sources along with these licenses?
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:49 pm Reply with quote
Sorry 'bout that. The information came from Media Blaster's June Solicits which were sent to distributors and the some press.

You should see the release listed at online stores and with MUZE tomorrwo or monday...

Next time we're dealing with a new license from solicts, I'll make a mention of it being a solicitation in the news article... Although given the exhaustive details (ISBN # and etc...) it's kidna obvious...

-t
Izlude

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:28 pm Reply with quote
Damn Media Blasters keeps getting all these fanservice anime...they need another Rurouni Kenshin, Samurai Deeper Kyo or Berserk!
takachsh

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:05 pm Reply with quote
Omg, This is so sudden for grenadier!!!!!! I didn't expect this anime to be licensed so soon. Wow!!1
Kusanagi_Kei

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:06 pm Reply with quote
Do my eyes deceive me? Shocked

Is this for real?

This is great great news!! Very Happy

A MUST purchase. GRENADIER!!!

Now I wonder who the seiyuu will be. Smile

So happy!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
R.G.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:56 am Reply with quote
I'm intrigued by all this.

Grenadier sounds quite cool,since I first read about in Newtype USA.
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:38 pm Reply with quote
Kusanagi-Kei wrote:

Why are you using that word to refer to an English language voice cast? Seems a tad bit innappropriate, for some reason.

ANyway, boo to this. Pick up something worthwhile, Media Blasters. We don't need a female "made by committie" trigun with giant spoiler[grenade] breasts, thank you very much.
tropical_kit

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:24 pm Reply with quote
Media Blasters' licensing philosophy must be "sublime" or "gorblimey" with nothing in between. This title looks like a latter-category entry.
Razorlight6

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:55 pm Reply with quote
Steventheeunuch wrote:
Kusanagi-Kei wrote:

Why are you using that word to refer to an English language voice cast? Seems a tad bit innappropriate, for some reason.

I find it rather refreshing that the word was used! I mean, the word does mean "voice actor." I think I'll try it myself!

My favorite seiyuu are Wendee Lee and Mary Elizabeth McGlynn.
Yay, that was fun!

Thanks Kusanagi-Kei! Don't stop using the word. Western anime fandom didn't define it.

Steventheeunuch wrote:

ANyway, boo to this. Pick up something worthwhile, Media Blasters. We don't need a female "made by committie" trigun with giant spoiler[grenade] breasts, thank you very much.

What's the matter, don't like the B Shocked Shocked bies?
IanC

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:25 pm Reply with quote
Steventheeunuch wrote:
Kusanagi-Kei wrote:

I just use VA all the time Razz
DanteNeko

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:09 am Reply with quote
Razorlight6 wrote:
Steventheeunuch wrote:
Kusanagi-Kei wrote:

I find it rather refreshing that the word was used! I mean, the word does mean "voice actor." I think I'll try it myself!

My favorite seiyuu are Wendee Lee and Mary Elizabeth McGlynn.
Yay, that was fun!

Thanks Kusanagi-Kei! Don't stop using the word. Western anime fandom didn't define it.

Steventheeunuch wrote:

What's the matter, don't like the B Shocked Shocked bies?

I hope that NYAV will dub it, cause that's my favorite western seiyuu are there. Say...Lisa Ortiz, Eric Stuart, Dan Green, Rachel Lillis, Veronica Taylor, Amy Birnbaum, Sean Schemmel, and Tara Jayne. ^^
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:48 am Reply with quote
IanC wrote:
Steventheeunuch wrote:
Kusanagi-Kei wrote:

I just use VA all the time Razz

Exactly, because just because they're doing voice acting, be here here, there, or anywhere, do they somehow deserve some "super, incorrect fangrish" word.

Then again, the nitwits have taken to it, suprise suprise.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:53 pm Reply with quote
DanteNeko wrote:

I hope that NYAV will dub it, cause that's my favorite western seiyuu are there. Say...Lisa Ortiz, Eric Stuart, Dan Green, Rachel Lillis, Veronica Taylor, Amy Birnbaum, Sean Schemmel, and Tara Jayne. ^^

When they're not contrained of doing a dub for 4Kids, they're actually pretty cool to listen to.
DanteNeko

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:08 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
DanteNeko wrote:

When they're not contrained of doing a dub for 4Kids, they're actually pretty cool to listen to.
Well they are more than just western seiyuu from (yuck) 4-Kids Ent. Other anime series they are also famous for...Slayers, Alien Nine, Arcade Gamer Fubuki, Samuari Deeper Kyo, Animation Runner Kuromi, Magic Rayerth OAV, and DNA^2
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:57 pm Reply with quote
You have to admit this was the fastest license I've seen. Anounce the license and release it a frew months later.

I'm finding it interesting that these companies license stuff and then hold off releasing it until later. But there will be times where you'll get one that they'll end up releasing before the stuff they already have.

Just finished watching 'Grenadier' today. Not a bad little series for all it's worth. "Ecchi" but not as bad as anyone would think. If anything it's pretty tame, if not super tame. Hahaha. I'll pick it up when they release the whole set. I hope that they only release 3 vol. with 4 ep. each, since there were only 12 eps.

Last edited by Chrno2 on Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2