• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Persona 4 Episode 2 Leaked Before Japanese Debut

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:36 pm Reply with quote
Oh brother, not another one of these situations. Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Oneeyedjacks

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:40 pm Reply with quote
Well at least this time it didn't come from a US simulcast.
Yuki_Kun45
Exempt from Grammar Rules

Two-to-One the French will get a Free Pass on this while the rest of the Simulcast watchers have to wait till the others can eradicate piracy Rolling Eyes
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

Oh shucks.
Kaze UK is streaming it here on ANN/AoD so there could be nasty ramifications if the licensor goes all Fractale on Kaze FR.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
TitanXL

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:41 pm Reply with quote
Finally, all those French lessons in school paying off.
Ermat_46

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:06 pm Reply with quote
I'm even more interested to see how derpy episode 2 would look like.

some thread on 4chan wrote:
A key animator twitted some really distressing details about the production of the anime:

-Animators aren't getting paid.
-The Animation Directors are bullying the key animators.
-Episode 2 isn't even worth watching, says Jun Arai (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fzlHrC08ms). He says that he gave up and told them to remove his name from the credit.
-Episode 3 will be even worse. More and more animators are giving up and leaving the project, he said.

http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-4457.html

I'm surprised ANN didn't report this.

EDIT: Didn't know what the youtube link is for.
fireaxe

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:11 pm Reply with quote
And this happens almost exactly 1 year after .... well, you know what. Sad coincidence for sure.

I hope it all ends well for my French cousins.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Araki

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:32 pm Reply with quote
Ermat_46 wrote:

..because it could very well be just a butthurted (fired) animator whining on his blog?
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:52 pm Reply with quote
Araki wrote:
Ermat_46 wrote:

..because it could very well be just a butthurted (fired) animator whining on his blog?

Exactly. Based on the trailers I've seen, the animation for upcoming episodes looks fine, so saying otherwise sounds fishy to me.
Ermat_46

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:56 pm Reply with quote
Araki wrote:
Ermat_46 wrote:

I've read somewhere (maybe that thread about the author of Kuroshitsuji complaining about piracy) that the it takes something for a Japanese worker to complain in the internet (something about that line). So maybe it's not something to be taken lightly.

Anyway, I can't read Japanese and I want to know what the blog says. Google Translate didn't help either.

EDIT:

doctordoom85 wrote:
Araki wrote:
Ermat_46 wrote:

Exactly. Based on the trailers I've seen, the animation for upcoming episodes looks fine, so saying otherwise sounds fishy to me.

They might as well pick well-animated scenes and include it in the trailer.
Herp n Derp

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:19 pm Reply with quote
Rukiia

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:22 pm Reply with quote
Almost thought it was Sentai pulling a Funimation One Piece stunt. Thank God it wasn't. I would be sad if Sentai lost the streaming rights to this series. I watched the first episode a few days ago and am digging it.
ConanSan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:03 am Reply with quote
Given the utter grief that Kazé has to go thoguh just to stream shows sometimes.
P4 #1 was a day late, however, Zombie ADV are so incompetent that it didn't matter in the end and I don't even know if Future Diary #1 is up yet. Tiger and Bunny also had some instances of the rights holders blue balling Kaze, which, I assure you, was no fun thanks to it's ongoing storyline being so enthralling.

So, as far as I'm concerned, a little turnabout is fair play. And it hurts no one other than Aniplex (Who should have gotten on top of those animation rumours as well, btw) for them to pull the series.
Jacut

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:57 am Reply with quote
Don't forget that Kazé 1) is Viz Media (Shogakukan/Shueisha) now so it's a problem between Japanese companies and not an issue between an independent foreign distributor and a Japanese rights-holder and 2) that they licence 90% of the new licences released in France each season (and an increasing part of the new licences in the UK and Germany making it by far the biggest anime company in Europe) so the rights-holders either work with them and get some money in international rights in Europe or refuse to work with them and don't get any money at all. They can afford to make mistakes because they're dominant, they have the monopoly here, and this second episode leak stuff is small matter to them and the Japanese rights-holders.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
ConanSan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:31 pm Reply with quote
It certainly didn't feel like Kaze had all the cards when I was blue-balled several episodes of Tiger and Bunny for days on end.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2