• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Fullmetal Alchemist Game

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kholdstare

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:53 am Reply with quote
In other news, Fullmetal Alchemist 2: Curse of the Crimson Elixir has been rated 'T' for Teen by the ESRB, which means that it is indeed coming to the US (games only are submited to the ESRB to get rated when the publisher, in this case Square Enix, intends to release it in the US).

This is good news, because it is supposedly a lot better than the first game.
OTP

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:45 am Reply with quote
How was the first game? I had it pre-ordered, but I never got around to buying it.
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:59 am Reply with quote
It was good, but the focus was more on story than actual fighting. Not to say there wasn't a lot of fighting in the game, but it's mostly mindless action, if it wasn't for the story it would be nearly as fun to play. Good visuals, but Square could do better. Lots of anime cut scenes. I beat it in around 15 hours so most people could probably blow through it in a rental if they didn't want to buy it.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Emerje

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:10 am Reply with quote
Pics are available over at Magic Box now. Looks like the game is based off of the exact same engine as the first game (more so than the second game anyway), but with a new 2 player split screen mode.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
RoodyPooUS

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:40 pm Reply with quote
Wow already a third game, they are churning these out .hack style! Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Isaaru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 2:51 am Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
It was good, but the focus was more on story than actual fighting. Not to say there wasn't a lot of fighting in the game, but it's mostly mindless action, if it wasn't for the story it would be nearly as fun to play. Good visuals, but Square could do better. Lots of anime cut scenes. I beat it in around 15 hours so most people could probably blow through it in a rental if they didn't want to buy it.

Emerje

hear hear! And the ending made my eyes water, too.
Seanb
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:53 am Reply with quote
It does look like they're using cel-shaded graphics like they are in the second game though. Played 2 for a bit at E3 this year, and it's definitely a little extra visual pizazz that goes a long way.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1