• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Live-Action Ouran High School Host Club Film Teaser Posted

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
_V_

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:35 pm Reply with quote
God help us all.
peachsncreamsoda

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:03 pm Reply with quote
Lmao Laughing

Ah, c'mon~ We've all seen worse.

This is for a film right? Can't believe the tv series was that popular Confused .
Quark

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:03 pm Reply with quote
_V_ wrote:
God help us all.

Har har, that joke just never gets old. Where do you come up with such fresh, original material?

So, apparently the live-action series did well, if they're going to go ahead with a movie for it. I have to admit, I actually like the live-action Ouran. It's so beyond cheesy and ridiculous that it's very entertaining to watch. It's just one of those shows that you don't want other people catching you watching, simply because it is so over the top cheesy.
That being said, I'm not that thrilled about the same actor returning as Temaki. There's just something about him that I'm not really crazy about. The actress playing Haruhi however is adorable and perfect for the role.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:39 am Reply with quote
As they say about anime, "that's why they should not make live-action of these"............ Razz
fluff175

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:14 am Reply with quote
I never understood how an anime got made out that poorly constructed manga (if you've read some of it, you know what i mean of it jumping around the year, if i remember rightly halloween happened twice).
how the hell has it been turned into a film?! it's not as though the story is overwhelming good to overlook the rest of it. Half the time the manga felt like it should have been BL not shoujo.
CatzCradle

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:40 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
the film will depict an aspect of the story not seen in the live-action television series.

So does this mean the film will basically be filler?
ConanSan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:40 pm Reply with quote
Whacking the silly french person has only been this fun twice before.
poonk

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:09 pm Reply with quote
Quark wrote:
I have to admit, I actually like the live-action Ouran. It's so beyond cheesy and ridiculous that it's very entertaining to watch. It's just one of those shows that you don't want other people catching you watching, simply because it is so over the top cheesy.
Yeah, this was better than I expected. I'm not sure I would've watched it if the episodes were regular drama-length (~45 min.) but at half the length it was a fun distraction.

Quote:
That being said, I'm not that thrilled about the same actor returning as Temaki.
He grew on me. It took a short while for me to get past him as "the boy who sees ghosts" from the (original) Hana-Kimi drama but eventually I found his super-effervescent personality charming (I can still hear him yelling, "Ha-ru-HIIIIIIII!" Laughing ).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
lilredphoenix

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:34 pm Reply with quote
This is where the "milking it for all it's worth" comes into play, as long as people will watch it production companies will create and produce it. Have to cash in on the gravy train when they can.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1