• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Happy Lesson Series Order (#834 & #835)

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AstroNerdBoy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 11:30 am Reply with quote
Hi,

I know "officially" what ADV has as the sequence order for "Happy Lesson" (which is how you show the order) but they are very wrong and it ticked me off when I found out! "Happy Lesson OAV" was created first (2001) followed by "Happy Lesson TV" (2002).

The confusion may lie in that both titles have almost identical 1st episodes. However, when you watch the OAV and get to the 2nd episode, you IMMEDIATELY see that this OAV was first because it introduces Chitose-kun's 'sister' Mina, then episode 3 introduces his other 'sister'. In the TV series, they are already supporting memebers of the cast and there's no explaination as to why they know Chitose's situation or why they are not living with him because the writers assume you've seen the OAV.

So here's the correct order:

1. Happy Lesson OAV
2. Happy Lesson TV
3. Happy Lesson Advance
4. Happy Lesson The Final

Thanks for correcting this! Very Happy
AstroNerdBoy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 4:32 pm Reply with quote
I find it interesting that now both the OAV and the TV series have identical release dates in the encyclopedia whereas before, the OAV had a 2001 date and the TV series a 2002 date. What is up with that? Is it just to keep the OAV listed as the sequel?
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:49 pm Reply with quote
While it is true thats the proper order in terms of it airing, however, the true ordering is this (according to AniDB)

Happy Lesson OVA (2001-07-19 till 2003-05-23)
Happy Lesson TV (2002-04-01 till 2002-06-30) - Alternative Version of the OVA
Happy Lesson Advanced (2003-07-03 till 2003-09-28) - Sequel to the 1st TV series
Happy Lesson The Final (2004-05-25 till 2004-10-22) - Sequel to
HL Advanced and OVA

So, therefore, the encyclopedia is correct, except for the fact that the OVA needs to be listed as an alternative version of the TV series and vice versa.

Another thing I want to know is that the OVA has 5 episodes, but ADV only released the 1st three. Will ADV ever release the last 2 episodes?

Pic below is from AniDB
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1