• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Monsuno (TV, Japanese-American co-production).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChibiGoku

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:27 am Reply with quote
While I don't expect much discussion to happen in this topic, I thought it wouldn't hurt to open up a thread to discuss this series. It's also been awhile since I made a topic on this site, so... Here goes.

Monsuno is a Japanese-American co-production that is being produced for North America and Japan by Dentsu, Jakks Pacific, FremantleMedia Enterprises, and The Topps Company. Mitsuharu Inoue, who has previously worked with the Bakugan property, will serve as the Creative Director for the series. However, beyond that, no further staff or studio working on the animation has been announced. The show is currently planned for 52 episodes.

Currently, it's scheduled to air on Nicktoons in the United States starting February 23, 2012 at 8:00PM, with an hour premiere of the first two episodes. Afterwards, the show will air Thursdays at 8:30PM. Europe will follow, getting a launch starting in the Summer. In Japan, the series will air on TV Tokyo, but no schedule has been announced when or what timeslot the show will have.

If there is any doubts whether or not this really is anime or not, according to Fremantle's Website (who are a producer and distributor on the show) entry on Monsuno, the series is being produced for TV Tokyo and that the country of origin is Japan.

As for the plot entry? Read below.

Plot Summary wrote:
A legendary scientist, Jeredy had solved a timeless mystery: what happened to the dinosaurs? He discovered their destruction was by shell-like cocoons barraging the four corners of the earth and what emerged from those… creatures with vast powers at their disposal… MONSUNO!

Jeredy Suno was working on the means of controlling the MONSUNO for good. However, his bosses at the ultra-secret government agency S.T.O.R.M. had a different agenda in mind – they wanted to weaponise the MONSUNO. Jeredy was left with no choice but to take his research and go underground… But not before he left his only son, Chase, a special gift… a powerful guardian in dangerous times – a riddle waiting to be solved – a force of nature to be directed in positive ways – a MONSUNO. And not just any MONSUNO – the first Monsuno Jeredy reanimated… and the means to control it!

Chase Suno is now on a mission to MASTER the battle potential of his MONSUNO in order to protect himself, to BUILD a team of like-minded MONSUNO “Adepts” to take on the forces of evil intent on exploiting MONSUNO for personal and political gain… and through all of this… to FIND his missing father and UNLOCK the mysteries of the MONSUNO’s true purpose on earth.

As for my opinion of the series, I'm going to give it a chance. It does kinda sound generic, but I think what's really important is the execution. However, I'm a bit... uneasy how Dentsu's going to handle the English production, given what they did with Deltora Quest. I'm hoping because they're directly producing it, they won't make any "changes" to what they produced. A couple more days until this airs and we'll find out all the questions regarding it.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:57 am Reply with quote
This is not the kind of show I am typically interested in, so I doubt I'll check it out, but it's interesting to be aware of co-productions like this.
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:33 pm Reply with quote
Nicktoon's newest show,"Monsuno" has gotten a lot of attention lately. And it looks like a pretty good show. It's seems to have been inspired by shows like "Pokemon,""Digimon," and other shows like it.
My only problem with it and it's a minor one,is the names of some of the characters. I have no trouble with the lead character Chase's name. But,some of the other names like Jinja and Bren,sound a little strange to me. They sound like characters from the old "He-Man and the Masters of the Universe" series. The people who made the series could come up with ordinary names like Ginger or Jenny or Billy or Byron,names like that.

But,strange names aside,it sound like a good show and I'm going to be watching it.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:01 pm Reply with quote
ChibiGoku wrote:
If there is any doubts whether or not this really is anime or not, according to Fremantle's Website (who are a producer and distributor on the show) entry on Monsuno, the series is being produced for TV Tokyo and that the country of origin is Japan.

Quote:
Created by Jeremy Padawer and Jared Wolfson

Hm.

Anyway, I'll check it out, since they said it's 'more adult than any other monster battling show' statement they apparently made in their advertisements. I wonder if they can deliver.
ChibiGoku

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:54 pm Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:
ChibiGoku wrote:

Quote:
Created by Jeremy Padawer and Jared Wolfson

Hm.

There is that, though the concept of Monsuno is probably initially American, however the animation creation and such is Japanese. It wouldn't be a total shock if, for example, the same was for Bakugan (as that is a co-production as well) originally concepted in Canada, though having the animation's origin and production being Japanese. There are other anime shows that list a foreign person as the creator, even though the series was written, directed, and animated in Japan.

However, we'll find out more about the shows production once it airs, provided Dentsu gives us a credit listing.

Anyways, iTunes had posted a preview trailer, as well as a preview of the opening. You can view the opening here, for those who don't have an iTunes account or the program for that matter.

My opinion? Bleh...

EDIT: Since I'm not sure what the rules for double posting are on this forum (it's been awhile since I checked), I'll just leave this information here.

Quote:

Executive Producers: Stephen Berman
Yuma Sakata
Jeremy Padawer
Marc Harrington
Produced By: Jared Wolfson Yukio Kusumoto
Producer: Chapman Maddox
Associate Producer: Joh Hudson
Yuichi Kinishita
Story Editor: Michael Ryan
Consulting Producers: Shintaro Kogake
Dominic Laurienzo
Created by: Jared Wolfson
Jeremy Padawer
Developed for TV by: Man of Action
Yukio Kusumoto
Jared Wolfson
Jon Hudson
Creative Consulting: JMP Creative

Director: Yoshiaki Okumura
Character Design: Yuichiro Hayashi
Creature Design: Designmate
Animation Creature Design: Hiroto Kato
Creature Design Director: Takaaki Hirayama
Masahiko Okura
Hiroto Kato
Art Director: Tomoko Iwasa
Mecha / Prop Design: Yasuhiro Moriki
Background Director: Shigemi Ikeda
Background Art: Shigemi Ikeda
Shuichi Okubo
Background Animation: Yukiko Maruyama
Hachidai Takayama
Color Design: Naoya Imamura
CG Director: Toshio Nishiiri
Director of Photography: Naoki SErizawa
Editing: Masaki Sakamoto
Translation - Script Supervisor: Yurika Araki (Dennis?)
Track Reader: Beans-N-Rice Editing
Mouth Code Assignment: Bob Nesler
English Sound Production: PAcific Animation Partners LLC.
In Association with Salami Studios, Pacific Animation Partners
Producers: Yukio Kusumoto

Cast: Rene Veilleux (Also Voice Director)
Voice Cast: Keith Silverstein
Chris Smith
Karen Strassman
Kirk Thornton

Music: Michael Tavera

Sound Designer: Rob Mcintyre
Sound Effects Editors: MArc Schmidt
Matt Hall
Foley Mixer: Roberto Dominguez Alegria
Foley Artist: Cynthia Merrill
Rerecording Mixer: Thomas J. MAydeck, C.A..
Video Post-Production: Salami Studios
Picture Editor: Tim Iverson

Animation Production: LARX ENTERTAINMENT
Animation Producers: Yuji Miyazaki
Naoyuki Saito
Production: Dentsu Tec Inc.
Executive Producer: Hiroaki Muto
Supervising Producer: Tetsu Ohasaki
Producers: Satoru Ideazawa
Associate Producer: Noriki Yanagida
Distributed by: Frementlemedia Enterprises
ChibiGoku

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:52 am Reply with quote
Giving this a bump up, as some new information has arrived. The series, Monsuno, under the full title of "Spinning Monster Battle Monsuno" (or something like that. Not exactly sure how to romanize it out either...), was announced at the Tokyo Toy Show that it will begin airing on Japanese television in October of this year. Though they did not mention the exact network, it should be TV Tokyo as Fremantle's site had originally listed.
Animecujo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:20 am Reply with quote
Im wondering if chase from monsuno will go out with that girl from monsuno xD
Exclamation Question
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1