• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Cat Planet Cuties/Asobi ni Ikuyo's English Cast Revealed

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gon*Gon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:46 pm Reply with quote
Correct me if I'm wrong...but isn't "Asobi ni Ikuyo" something along the lines of "Let's go play", "Lets come play", or "Let's Play" or something?

It takes a special kind of guy to mistranslate the title this badly and think this would attract a larger audience rather than scaring them off.
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:53 pm Reply with quote
It's not a mistranslation. The original would probably be translated as "We come to play," a play on "We come in peace," a joke about the frivolity of these particular alien visitors.
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:34 pm Reply with quote
so that official cast list?

ok then now got wonder how will sound give sure tia is slowly on rise & aaron yep time to how much more his voice has grown-up now almost in his 20s indeed time to hear how his voice change from puberty time aka little kid al to grown up.

rest of cast quite a good mix of regular & few fresh names on rise.
ArthurFrDent

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:58 pm Reply with quote
murph76 wrote:
The LE's release date is May 15.

Thanks for that... I could swear I had looked before and not seen...

BTW, Nice Scorpius icon... guess you know where I appropriated my name then? :devil:
Key

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:38 pm Reply with quote
Can't believe I missed this posting on Friday.

The casting seems reasonable. I'm looking forward to hearing how Aaron's post-puberty voice sounds in a role like this.

I was a huge fan of the series in its streaming form (it was my Surprise of the Year in 2010 for a reason and nearly made my Top 5 list in a very competitive year) and will certainly buy it if I don't get a shot at reviewing it. I am eager to see what it looks like without the censoring, too, as this one should have a goodly amount of actual nudity.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:20 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
Clarine Harp is a dub killer, so the less lines the better.

Really? I thought she was good as Tweedledee.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:37 pm Reply with quote
I've never seen Kiddy Grade, so she might have been good, I don't know. I do know that she ruined every scene she was in in Claymore with her trying-way-too-hard-to-have-that-masculine-woman voice, and that was an otherwise good dub. The Hetalia dub is much better when China doesn't say much. She also turned what was an already below average Burst Angels dub into a bad one. I could keep going on, but the bottom line is that from what I've seen dubs take a big dip in quality when she talks, and so I'm not looking forward to her scenes in this show.

I really hope Funimation finds someone soon that can do a deep, female voice.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ArsenicSteel

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:43 pm Reply with quote
Do you think Funi is looking for one?
They look to be happy with the Marketing/Production manager they are currently using.
Xanas

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:08 pm Reply with quote
I agree the name sucks, but still buying it because the show had good production values for a fanservice series and I liked most of the characters in it also.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:53 pm Reply with quote
Trailer

Brittney Karbowski is quickly climbing up my ladder of favorite VAs, and she was already pretty high. Dismuke also sounded pretty good. I haven't heard him in a post-puberty role since Big Windup, but that was a small part, so I'm looking forward to seeing him in a lead role. I'm just glad they're trying out lots of different people like McDonald, Grelle, and Freeman so they can start moving away from Haberkorn and Greg Ayres to do wimp/wimp-like male leads. It overall sounded solid, nothing spectacular, but that's OK with me. All I ask for is to not be distracting, like good subtitles.

Oh, and Theron got a splash! WOO!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2