• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 6th Annual Seiyū Award Winners Announced

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RazzBerrieCharm

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:53 pm Reply with quote
YAY! GO STARISH!!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:04 pm Reply with quote
My dearest, Ai Kayano won! *-* YEAAAH.
Tenbyakugon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:20 pm Reply with quote
Ah Kawakami-san, may you be resting in peace Sad
How much the Hikaru no Go fanbase is still saddened by your death.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:41 pm Reply with quote
Tenbyakugon wrote:
Ah Kawakami-san, may you be resting in peace Sad
How much the Hikaru no Go fanbase is still saddened by your death.
Anyone who watched a decent number of anime pre-2007 should be saddened by it. She was every where, and was an amazing actress.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:47 pm Reply with quote
I'm so glad that Aoi Yuki got Best Lead Actress. I've only watched the firet two episodes of Madoka subbed, but I love her voice. She doesn't sound so "fake" like many other seiyuu.

I don't really know anybody else here though...
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:51 pm Reply with quote
Shocked to see Emiri Katou honored in Best Supporting Actress over Chiwa Saito, who has gotten most of the honors in the category, but it's very nice to see her get recognized for her role as Kyubey. It was also nice seeing Mamoru Miyano, who has professional-level pipes, awarded in the singing category, but some of those last awards were pretty humorous. Takahiro "Cloud" Sakurai from the overseas vote? Hiroshi Kamiya for "Most Votes"? The award itself is worth a few chuckles… Razz
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
zensunni

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:18 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
I'm so glad that Aoi Yuki got Best Lead Actress. I've only watched the firet two episodes of Madoka subbed, but I love her voice. She doesn't sound so "fake" like many other seiyuu.

I don't really know anybody else here though...

If you want to be really impressed, watch an episode of Madoka, then watch an episode of Gosick and try to figure out how Victorique can possibly be voiced by the same young lady!

My only real question is how Ryohei Kimura can win the "Best Supporting Actor" award for playing Kodaka in Haganai? How is the main male character supporting? Doesn't make any sense, what-so-ever!
Megiddo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:32 pm Reply with quote
Really wish the entire main cast of Yuru Yuri (especially Yuka Ootsuba who did an amazing job with her first role ever as Kyouko) could have won the the best new seiyuu award alongside Ai Kayano.
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:31 pm Reply with quote
zensunni wrote:

If you want to be really impressed, watch an episode of Madoka, then watch an episode of Gosick and try to figure out how Victorique can possibly be voiced by the same young lady!

Indeed... though I do think there's some moments at least (she uses enough of her range for those roles) where she sounds similiar enough to be recognizable. Those two are probably among my absolute favorites out of what's done. Need to get to watching Sound of the Sky again as that was another one that was memorable to me (and got me to take note of her, though I did in Kurenai before that too, which I also need to watch again)
zensunni wrote:
My only real question is how Ryohei Kimura can win the "Best Supporting Actor" award for playing Kodaka in Haganai? How is the main male character supporting? Doesn't make any sense, what-so-ever!

That one really had me scratching my head too. Perhaps for some strange reason, they considered only one or two characters the "lead" and excluded him in favor of Yozora and/or Sena?
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:44 pm Reply with quote
I was checking the website as the results were being announced last night and the site kept crashing, especially when the Best Actor/Actress awards were supposed to be announced. ^^;

Congrats to all the winners! I'm very happy to see Kawakami honored. And HOORAY for my fave seiyuu Kamiya Hiroshi's 4th win at these awards!!!

PS Taniyama isn't with Aoni; he's with Ken Production.
Splitter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:19 pm Reply with quote
Wow, lots of deserving wins up there, and I won't lie... I teared up a little at seeing Kawakami-san's special award.
JDuks

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:50 pm Reply with quote
Good job to Shaft Guy for getting Most Votes Award. WTF does that even mean?
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:25 pm Reply with quote
Pretty happy with all of the awards, some really great choices in there. I think most of my favorite shows from the past year were represented.

Under the Merit Award that should be 21st, not 21th. Wink

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:18 pm Reply with quote
i knew it i know that so obvious ai kayano would be mention besides really indeed had a breakout year & yet she did it.

really ugh role still ume from ben-to but that another story really indeed she really did has breakout year.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:01 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:

I was more impressed by Aoi Yuki's other roles, in particular her "dual" roles in Samurai Girls and her snarkless snarking in Demon King. Madoka is actually a thankless role as these things go.

As for Tomoko Kawakami, I loved her comedy work and her deft touching voice in the genre was like taking a sledge hammer to a watermelon. Well, anyway, she wasn't subtle.

And Misuzu. Forever Misuzu.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2