• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
PR: Viz Media Launches 6 New Manga Series On VizManga.com And The Viz Manga App For iPad, iPhone, an

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shukero

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:42 pm Reply with quote
Quite sad that there is no android app. You would think that an open source system would be easier and safer to develop for. Lets hope they bring it out for android soon to triple their customers!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:35 am Reply with quote
shukero wrote:
You would think that an open source system would be easier and safer to develop for.

It's not about that. It's easier for developers to get paid in the Apple Marketplace than in the Android Marketplace; that's why they develop for iOS first.
shukero

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:53 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
shukero wrote:
You would think that an open source system would be easier and safer to develop for.

It's not about that. It's easier for developers to get paid in the Apple Marketplace than in the Android Marketplace; that's why they develop for iOS first.

How so? Every developer has the same hoops to jump through in the iOS store as they do in the android store. Both also have in app purchasing. I'm also 80% sure that developers make a bit more through android as google takes less of a percentage.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
White Lightning Alchemist

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:52 am Reply with quote
Yeah, I want an Android App so bad, especially since I really want to read 4 of those series they just added. I bought my Kindle Fire for reading comics and books, so I'd love to add more manga to that group without having to pirate.
agila61

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:06 pm Reply with quote
shukero wrote:
Quite sad that there is no android app. You would think that an open source system would be easier and safer to develop for. Lets hope they bring it out for android soon to triple their customers!

These'll be out as Nook Comics soon enough, and the Nook Android app can now read Nook Comics.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:16 pm Reply with quote
shukero wrote:
enurtsol wrote:
shukero wrote:

How so? Every developer has the same hoops to jump through in the iOS store as they do in the android store. Both also have in app purchasing. I'm also 80% sure that developers make a bit more through android as google takes less of a percentage.

Distribution channels. Whether you like them or not Apple is far more centralized in how they handle things. That means your product gets to people and isn't potentially hacked/stolen/etc. Not to mention Apple will go after apps that could infringe on trademarks (emulators, reader apps that let you download manga from scantlation sites, etc). Android? Not so much.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1