• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Spring 2012 Anime Preview Guide

Goto page   Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Volibear

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:36 pm Reply with quote
It's Finally Here!!!

can't wait for this season to get into full swing, alot of good looking titles out there for the next few months, already got 22 titles i'm looking into, thankfully my saving grace of a guide can direct me to anything i've ignored, and i think it's started with Space Brothers
supercreep

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:48 pm Reply with quote
After this first episode I can't really see myself watching this one. From the cheesy music to the cliched story of brotherly love, it's not really gelling for me. I am interested in the sci-fi aspects, so if that turns to be something I'll check back.
dtm42

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:02 am Reply with quote
Theron, when talking about Hiiro no Kakera, wrote:
The premise would have to try hard to be any more insipid...

I agree. Insipid is exactly the right word for it. Nine minutes in and I was gagging for breath from the absolute lack or originality or creativity. And heck, many works can take an unoriginal premise and through good writing make it interesting; Hiiro no Kakera most certainly does not. It is really only for established fans of the genre, and even then there isn't much for them to celebrate.

Last edited by dtm42 on Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:05 am Reply with quote
Are you guys going to be covering Ozma? It technically started last season and is already 3 episodes in, but it is on the list of shows for this season.

Oh, and your link to the spotlight list directs to last season's shows.
dtm42

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:08 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Are you guys going to be covering Ozma? It technically started last season and is already 3 episodes in, but it is on the list of shows for this season.

Of course they will. I mean, there's no way they'd miss covering Leiji Matsumoto, right? Right?
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:15 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
Vaisaga wrote:

Of course they will. I mean, there's no way they'd miss covering Leiji Matsumoto, right? Right?

It's 3 episodes in. This is the Spring Preview Guide. We don't really cover stuff based on a technicality.
dtm42

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:20 am Reply with quote
What technicality? It is a Spring 2012 Anime, and just because three episodes have been released in no way prevents you from covering the first one. It is also available on Crunchyroll, so there's no problem there.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:29 am Reply with quote
Hope this will be interesting, a lot of titles I'm keen to watching in the next few weeks tbh
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:30 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
What technicality? It is a Spring 2012 Anime, and just because three episodes have been released in no way prevents you from covering the first one. It is also available on Crunchyroll, so there's no problem there.

You're right.

It's a show that could and will be covered by us down the road when we're further in to the season and someone on the reviews team decides they want to do a full-length review. For the preview guide, I'm not going to ask the team to cover a show that's 3 episodes in. Our plates are full.
sunli123

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:34 am Reply with quote
this my first time visit here.and hope it interesting.i will come often .i am happy for share us mood and ideas. Very Happy
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:35 am Reply with quote
Quote:
feels like you're watching the first 20 minutes or so of a family-friendly film that, based on the premise, couldn't possibly be longer than 90 minutes or so when it's all said and done.

Actually, there is a (live-action) family-friendly movie based on the same manga coming out right at the same time here in Japan, so your instincts are not off at all.

I think the popularity of space right now is partly due to Hayabusa, which has had three movie adaptations in the last year.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:37 am Reply with quote
Ozma is apparently going to only be 6 episodes anyways.

Thoughts on it: The art and animation isn't particularly good but the story is interesting enough. I can't say I've ever seen one of Matsumoto's works before this (though I know of his reputation).
dtm42

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:39 am Reply with quote
Well I concede that it is a very busy season, with over thirty new shows airing. Of course the previewers have had two weeks to organise their thoughts on the episode, but whatever.
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:44 am Reply with quote
As the person who wrote the plot summary for Hiiro no Kakera, could someone confirm that (1) I got the details right, (2) especially the names of everything, like the sword or the princess? The website didn't provide furigana for the names and I had to make a best guess.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:49 am Reply with quote
oh boy it's that time of the season... I can't wait to see what else gets reviews/skewed by zac. Also.. nothing of interest has popped up lately from c.r.'s streams...

Last edited by Cecilthedarkknight_234 on Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:59 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page   Next
Page 1 of 69