• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Evangelion Manga Volume 13 Slated for November 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GVman

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 10:38 am Reply with quote
So... How long has he been working on the manga now?
_V_

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 10:44 am Reply with quote
Well that is good news.

From what I've seen of the loose chapters that will comprise "Volume 13", it generally follows the story of The End of Evangelion and stops just as the Rei/Adam/Lilith Hybrid appears and Third Impact begins.

There might be one or two new chapters in the finished volume.

Most other Volumes in the series contained 6 to 7 chapters, and the currently uncollected chapters are #84 through #91.

Actually, the Rei/Adam/Lilith Hybrid appears and cups Eva-01 in its hands at the end of Chapter 90. Chapter 91 was like the actual "Instrumentality" sequence showing stuff from Shinji's memories.

I suspect that due to the size of past Volumes, Volume 13 will probably not be the last Volume but end with Chapter 90, which felt like a real chapter break.

This would mean that Instrumentality and the end of the story would take up roughly chapters 91 through 98 or so.

Then again, I'm not sure if the Instrumentality sequence will sustain so many chapters....so there remains the outside chance that Sadamoto intends to just release an extra-large final volume with the last few Instrumentality scenes tacked on. But I doubt that.

Volume 14 will probably be the last one, not Volume 13.
The Tentacle

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 11:50 am Reply with quote
GVman wrote:

According to my copy of Vol. 1 it was first published in 1995.
GordanHam

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 9:11 pm Reply with quote
Haha. That's awesome. I just got the 12th volume in the mail yesterday and after I read it I was dreading having to wait for the next release when there was no word of it even in Japan. This is great. I wonder if this volume will come out before or after the release of Evangelion 3.0 in theaters though.

_V_ wrote:
Well that is good news.

From what I've seen of the loose chapters that will comprise "Volume 13", Blah Blah Blah Blah

Dude. Why the heck are you such a poop face. Mad
Even though the anime has been out for years, the manga is still going as newly published chapters. Some people like to just read and enjoy it for the new differences without being spoiled by some pompous butt throwing up their oh so brilliant knowledge of scanlated manga to prove that they are the nerd king.
DTJB

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 11:43 pm Reply with quote
GVman wrote:

Since right before the show started broadcasting on TV.

Anyway, cue Daniel Bryan shouting YES! YES! YES!
Hellfish

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 12:14 am Reply with quote
Volume 13 hasn't come out yet!!! O.o Honestly this is why I stopped following religiously news about the manga is just soooooo slow.
The movies will probably end before the manga at this point O.o

I still find kinda weird that this was among the first manga I bought (ah the times my whole manga collection could fit in one drawer Anime hyper it has being so long) and yet it hasn't finished.
Spazzzh20

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:49 pm Reply with quote
_V_ wrote:
Well that is good news.

From what I've seen of the loose chapters that will comprise "Volume 13", it generally follows the story of The End of Evangelion and stops just as the Rei/Adam/Lilith Hybrid appears and Third Impact begins.

There might be one or two new chapters in the finished volume.

Most other Volumes in the series contained 6 to 7 chapters, and the currently uncollected chapters are #84 through #91.

Actually, the Rei/Adam/Lilith Hybrid appears and cups Eva-01 in its hands at the end of Chapter 90. Chapter 91 was like the actual "Instrumentality" sequence showing stuff from Shinji's memories.

I suspect that due to the size of past Volumes, Volume 13 will probably not be the last Volume but end with Chapter 90, which felt like a real chapter break.

This would mean that Instrumentality and the end of the story would take up roughly chapters 91 through 98 or so.

Then again, I'm not sure if the Instrumentality sequence will sustain so many chapters....so there remains the outside chance that Sadamoto intends to just release an extra-large final volume with the last few Instrumentality scenes tacked on. But I doubt that.

Volume 14 will probably be the last one, not Volume 13.

Well I would't be surprised if volume 13 was bigger than the others. Most tanboko final volumes are almost always bigger than the rest of them.
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:47 pm Reply with quote
GVman wrote:

A few months prior to the airing of the original anime.

The manga was originally made to promote the anime.

Yeah, we all know how that turned. Laughing

I'm glad that might be enough for a Volume 14. I just don't think, actually scratch that, can't, see it ending in 13 if they don't add takabon exclusive chapters to it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1