• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Seven Seas Adds Alice in the Country of Joker, Crimson Rose Manga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jaymie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:40 pm Reply with quote
I think it's kind of nice how two publishers are sharing the license for one franchise. I'm guessing it has to do with the Japanese publishers.
Ryan227

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:44 pm Reply with quote
Oooh I'm actually not interested in these particular titles at all but I like a lot of Zero Sum manga and it makes me happy to see anything licensed from there by anyone. Also I hope this might mean Seven Seas will look in to more shojo because they seem to have a close relationship with Media Works and there are some good titles that run in their shojo magazine, Sylph...
adam_omega

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:05 pm Reply with quote
Just a quick correction:

Crimson Rose --> Crimson Empire
RestLessone

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:52 pm Reply with quote
Jaymie wrote:
I think it's kind of nice how two publishers are sharing the license for one franchise. I'm guessing it has to do with the Japanese publishers.

Seven Seas has been getting the Ichijinsha titles and Yen Press the Mag Garden titles. Ichijinsha, of course, has a billion spin-off titles that are usually one or two volumes long. Mag Garden has the original and My Fanatic Rabbit--Yen Press has licensed both. The former is being released this month and My Fanatic Rabbit is in a few months.

There's also an official fanbook anthology published by Pict Press. Not sure if either company is looking at it.
ss-hikaru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:18 am Reply with quote
Nice~ Alice is great fun. I shall endeavour to own all of the manga series =D
kel aka gandy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:15 am Reply with quote
yay! Both of these were on my wish list of things to be licensed~ I like seeing more Alice and more Zero Sum titles. :]
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:11 am Reply with quote
More of Kuni no Alice series is always great. ^^ Can't wait to start reading Joker!
MrHatandClogs

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:39 pm Reply with quote
Just picked up my Bloody Twins copy today, and am anxiously awaiting Yen's three omnibus releases of WWW so I can finally finish it.(yes...double dipping!)

And, will be picking up all of the Kuni no Alice titles as they come out.

Now if we can just get the movie licensed! Though, I'm not counting on it....Come through for us Sentai!! As the are probably the only ones who would touch it. Heh, maybe NISA will make it their first movie, they do seem to pick a lot of shoujo...
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:44 pm Reply with quote
Can we please just get the game over here already? Surely the license for a PC game can't be that much, and there's obviously a fan base if two publishers can successfully sell an adaption of said game.

Basically I just want an easier way to play because the game uses too much kanji for me with my poor Japanese skills to have a fun time of it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1