• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Your avatar.

Goto page   Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BoygetsfireD

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:45 pm Reply with quote
Many peoples' precious avatars on this forum are well-known, but there are many who found pictures from some more obscure/less well-known animes.
I think it would be kinda neat to see what everyone's avatar is (and I don't want this to be a list thread, so please explain your avatar in some way, i.e. why you chose it, if it means anything special to you, what the anime it comes from is about, etc).

I chose Lain from Serial Experiments Lain because its such a neat show.
I have yet to see the whole thing (I've only watched the first disc, and thats like 4 or 5 episodes), but I plan on finishing it at some point. it is very odd and confusing, but just coherent enough to make me want to watch more. also, I am very interesting in psychological stuff, which, as far as I can tell, Lain has a lot to do with.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
SwissMiss

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:03 pm Reply with quote
My avatar picture is Shiva from the Final Fantasy series.

I chose that picture because:

1. I come from Switzerland; people usually associate Switzerland with snowy mountains and since Shiva is considered to be the “goddess of ice,” I thought it would make a great avatar picture for me.

2. I kind of look like Shiva Razz (well, I do have blue eyes though)

3. Also, FFVIII was the first turned-based RPG that I ever played; and I always liked summoning the Shiva GF.
Rozzer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:23 pm Reply with quote
I chose a dancing pill, not because I do drugs, but because it has a pretty funny animation.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:28 pm Reply with quote
My avitar is Orihime Innue from Bleach, a fairly popular but unliscensed series that's been completely awesome so far. The specific photo comes from volume three of the manga though. I chose her because she's quite the looker. Wink
patch

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:36 pm Reply with quote
My avatar has been really a series of changes based on a few different works that I feel share a very similar theme... The 1st is only resized, the other two are photoshopped by me to better fit the avatar.

Without giving spoilers, I'll give an general explaination. I don't read manga, so this is all based on the animation. So far I've seen all of Cowboy Bebop, watching Samuari Champloo English dubbed via DVD releases, so far through Vol 6 (just released today), and up to date with the Japanese airing of Bleach. I think the characters all relate to the theme of tenacity, the blood from the eyes I think captures how far they would go to see their goal.

Last edited by patch on Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:43 pm; edited 3 times in total
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:38 pm Reply with quote
My avatar is Milfeulle from Galaxy Angel. Why? Because Milfeulle pwns. She's also totally adorable.
Cetus-kun

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:49 pm Reply with quote
My avatar is of Larva from Vampire Princess Miyu. I choose it because Vampire Princess Miyu was one of the series that got me interested in anime. Had I not rented the first two volumes from Blockbuster I probably wouldn't be the fan I am today. Me and my sister bought the rest after renting it.

Last edited by Cetus-kun on Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Efan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:53 pm Reply with quote
My avatar is Kakashi from naruto. Why you ask? Because he somehow reminds me of myself, laid back, lazy and yet some how gets the job done right. Kakashi idealy (I used a new word today Very Happy) has what i think is the perfect life. He is strong enough to hold his own, he's good at his job, he enjoys small things in life, and everyone likes him. Plus he's really funny.

*thinks of episode 101 and laughs*
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:01 pm Reply with quote
A boy in a 1980's Transfomers G1 toy advert. This is taken from a screencap of the Ad, which was remastered, dubbed in Japanese and on a DVD included in the Takara Reissue line #9, which was Starscream.
Very Happy
Key

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:03 pm Reply with quote
My avatar is Tokiko Mima (aka Key), the title character of Key the Metal Idol. I use it because it matches my forum name (duh) and because it's one of my all-time favorite series.

And, well, I also figured that no one else would already be using it, since that wasn't exactly a mainstream series in American fandom. Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:09 pm Reply with quote
Steventheeunuch wrote:
A boy in a 1980's Transfomers G1 toy advert. This is taken from a screencap of the Ad, which was remastered, dubbed in Japanese and on a DVD included in the Takara Reissue line #9, which was Starscream.
Very Happy

I've been wondering forever what the hell that was from, finally I know. For some reason I always thought it was a picture of yourself, even though I was pretty sure you weren't that young. I'm wondering if anybody else imagines people's avatars as how the person who's writing looks. I always seem to do that.
Efan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:17 pm Reply with quote
PantsGoblin wrote:
Steventheeunuch wrote:
Very Happy

I've been wondering forever what the hell that was from, finally I know. For some reason I always thought it was a picture of yourself, even though I was pretty sure you weren't that young. I'm wondering if anybody else imagines people's avatars as how the person who's writing looks. I always seem to do that.

Just think of me as if Kakashi were a 15-year-old white guy, 6'1 170 pounds and has his left eye brow peirced O.o.

I do sometimes wonder what people on this forum look like, but i usulay just think of them as their display pic. An example: steve!, i think of you as the kind of guy who jokes around alot, like the class clown. I get that feeling when i look at your Avatar. PantsGoblin (no offence) first made me think of a retarded little girl from looking at that Avatar. So yea people all look funny through my eye's.

P.S Visit my site to see my sexy face ^^.
cyrax777

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:18 pm Reply with quote
windows 2k-tan well becouse Im using windows 2000 and she's my favorite of the os-tans
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Jkid

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:32 pm Reply with quote
My avatar picture is Komugi Nakahara from Nurse Witch Komugi Magikarute. I loved the series becuase it's a send-up of magical girl anime. I bought the two volumes of the show. I hope ADV gets the rights for Nurse Witch Komugi Magikarute Z
Rozzer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:34 pm Reply with quote
Now that I think about, since I am on an Anime messageboard, I should probably use an anime avatar to, I guess, fit in? Anime dazed

So I decided to go with Jiraiya, only cause he's my favourite character in Naruto.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page   Next
Page 1 of 512