• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
La storia della Arcana Famiglia (TV).

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Volibear

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:29 am Reply with quote

La Storia della Arcana Famiglia

Plot Summary: The story follows Arcana Famiglia, a self-appointed organization with mysterious powers that has protected a small Mediterranean island from pirates, foreign countries, and other threats. The only daughter of the family's "Papa," Felicitá, will be married to the next head of the family in two months — and the successor will be decided in a competition that Felicitá herself will take part in.

12 Episodes
Action, Romance, Adventure, Reverse-Harem, Supernatural

Ep. 1
Not a bad way to kick things off i guess, little bit of action, introduce the main characters and introduce the main plot point of the show. I'm diggin' this alot more than Hiiro no Kakera, kinda similarish shows but this one has a more interesting plot to it, and the lead girl isn't as dull either.

For what it is i guess its not bad at all, my knowledge of reverse-harems is limited to shows like Hiiro, so its rather nice for one to have a much more different feel to it, i guess mostly because it doesn't mess around a whole lot, it gets to the point instead of meandering about for 25mins.
誤称

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:39 am Reply with quote
Wow, a reverse harem show where the lead girl kicks ass. This should happen more.

JC Staff is the studio to go to for twin tail, absolute zone socks wearing girls and this one is pretty damn sweet. I hope it doesn't fall apart.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:22 pm Reply with quote
I had to groan a bit at the clunky, "This is the card I made a deal with and here is my power!" exposition, but can't be helped, I guess. Much like Campione, it didn't set me onfire with appreciation but it has certainly avoided the first eppie cut syndrome. And I guess Italian-ish settings are the flavour of the month. Fine by me, I like that look.
Rukiia

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:36 pm Reply with quote
So far I am hooked. I love the clothes they wear, the artwork, and the Italian like theme. Also, FukuJun is in this so that instantly won me over. I look forward to seeing how this series will turn out.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:44 pm Reply with quote
Nice a reverse harem where the girl is not a weak damsel in distress. I am going to make the obvious prediction that Nova actually likes her and will win this tournament.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:06 pm Reply with quote
I liked it also. I'm not sure it'll be a hit smash of the season but imo, it definitely surpassed Hiiro no Kakera's pilot episode.

Can't wait to see what's next.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Boomerang Flash

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:20 pm Reply with quote
I have one question, and one question only: Seeing as the girl has twin tails and zettai ryouiki, is she, in fact, a tsundere?

But seriously, this looks like an interesting series, if for no reason other than that it appears to be a shounen reverse harem.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:18 pm Reply with quote
Boomerang Flash wrote:
I have one question, and one question only: Seeing as the girl has twin tails and zettai ryouiki, is she, in fact, a tsundere?

I don't think so. She did not show any tsundere characteristics. But it looks like Nova might be one. He makes it seem like he has no interest and acts rather cold, but he wanted to see her in a kimono.
danilo07

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:35 pm Reply with quote
Not only do I find this genre boring I also find it incredibly sexist.Now this anime seems to have potential to overcome that but somehow I highly doubt it.
dan7el

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:16 pm Reply with quote
I've seen the first episode and I'm pretty sure I could write the remaining episodes myself. I'm not sure I'll be able to stomach this one. We'll see....
Yttrbio
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:05 pm Reply with quote
Watching fanservice for someone else is pretty rough. Suddenly, I realize, "Oh, that's what those people are constantly complaining about."
Gewürtztraminer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:59 pm Reply with quote
1st Episode test: passed
Lets see where it goes from hear.
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:34 pm Reply with quote
This show has nice voice actors in it so it helps out in my enjoyment of it. I'm not too fond of reverse harems but I was able to watch the first episode without much problems. It's an alright series so far but hasn't overwhelmed me or make me really care for it at all.

Mama looks hot though.
Boomerang Flash

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:37 pm Reply with quote
Huh, the art style confused me. This is actually based on an otome game, so being a reverse harem isn't special at all.

Ah well, it's still an interesting setting.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:43 am Reply with quote
1st episode did not really excite me that that, I am guessing that there is a high chance that I will drop this series. Makes me wonder if it just that it is a reverse harem, with characters aimed at female audience. But I think something is not quite jelling right, the explanations felt kind of silly, for some reason I was really reminded of Kingdom Heart's Organization 13, which I know has an avid female fan base (not that that means anything).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4