• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: SuBlime Adds More Manga by Youka Nitta, Yaya Sakuragi

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vata Raven

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:24 pm Reply with quote
Holy crap! Yes, finally Embracing Love has come back to the yaoi fans! They said it couldn't be done, and DMP and SubLime have been both denied to get it, but SubLime and did it.
Aynslesa

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:36 pm Reply with quote
Embracing Love! 2-in-1 omnibus! WONDEROUS WONDERFUL NEWS! ::does the dance of yaoi joy::
Genet

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:14 pm Reply with quote
Some of these look like interesting titles. How is the quality of SuBLime releases? ^^
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:30 pm Reply with quote
Youka Nitta!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
I'm so happy~
chibirin5

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:43 pm Reply with quote
::Squeals:: EMBRACING LOVE!!!!

Genet: I've bough a few books from them already the quality of them all was pretty good
sakuragtin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:45 pm Reply with quote
These are some great titles, very excited about the Yaya Sakuragi and Sakae Kusama. I can't help but feel a tinge of disappointment though at the big title rescue. I had been looking at the hints from Sublime and I was hoping it was Junjo Romantica or another Blu title.

I know Embracing Love has a place in the hearts of older yaoi fans as being one of the first yaoi titles avaliable in the US, but Be Beautiful has been dead for a long time, I had come to terms that I would never complete it. I should be excited about it but Junjo is a fresher wound, so I'm a bit bitter. Sad

As to Sublime's print quality it's pretty nice. All the volumes so far have come with color picture inserts in the front and there hasn't been really any awkward translation issues (that seem to plague every other June volume I buy these days).
Genet

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:06 pm Reply with quote
Oh, okay that's good to hear!

I was curious because, like you said sakuragtin, sometimes June's quality isn't the best, so I was wondering if SuBLime was pretty good, or just more of the same sort of thing.
chibirin5

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:53 pm Reply with quote
I was disappointed on junes kizuna translation .. I cringed every time I read "young sir" instead of young master can't even image what they were thinking (tried to replace it with young master in my head ... wants to get white out ....)
rahzel rose
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:55 pm Reply with quote
I'm excited about some of these titles (Sleeping Moon, Match Seller), and I hope the company continues to do well. Although, like sakuragtin, I'm disappointed to hear that Haru wo Daite was the big reveal. I never had any interest in the series back when Blu had it, and I still don't care about it now.
chibirin5

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:55 pm Reply with quote
rahzel.rose wrote:
I'm excited about some of these titles (Sleeping Moon, Match Seller), and I hope the company continues to do well. Although, like sakuragtin, I'm disappointed to hear that Haru wo Daite was the big reveal. I never had any interest in the series back when Blu had it, and I still don't care about it now.
blu never had haru wo daite

blu had junjou romantica
Vata Raven

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:37 pm Reply with quote
chibirin5 wrote:
I was disappointed on junes kizuna translation .. I cringed every time I read "young sir" instead of young master can't even image what they were thinking (tried to replace it with young master in my head ... wants to get white out ....)

...because you can get more then 1 translation from the Japanese kanji, they don't just mean 1 meaning, they can mean different things.
rahzel rose
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:50 pm Reply with quote
chibirin5 wrote:
blu never had haru wo daite

blu had junjou romantica

Excuse me. Be Beautiful. Regardless, that doesn't change how uninterested in the series (and the rest of her works) I am, and was hoping for something else. But for those who enjoy them, all the more power to you.
Oraculo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:22 am Reply with quote

Anime hyper ME SOOOO HAPPY!!! Anime hyper
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:41 am Reply with quote
Vata Raven wrote:
Holy crap! Yes, finally Embracing Love has come back to the yaoi fans! They said it couldn't be done, and DMP and SubLime have been both denied to get it, but SubLime and did it.

As much as I'm excited about the other titles as well, hands down seeing Haru o Daiteita/Embracing Love (Appropriate re-title, imho) is easily what has me the happiest.

I absolutely love this series, and I wish more yaoi/BL creators made series with both depth and passion like Ms. Nitta does.
marzipan.dragon

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:09 am Reply with quote
Especially happy to see the Kano Miyamoto, and of course the Yaya Sakuragi. Thanks, SuBLime!!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2