• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation to Release Wolf Children, Toriko on Home Video

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blaizevincent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:20 pm Reply with quote
Sweet Toriko!!
opn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:22 pm Reply with quote
Yay for wolf children boo for toriko.
Expias

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:27 pm Reply with quote
Excited for Wolf Children!
Yuki_Kun45
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:31 pm Reply with quote
YAAAAY! so excited for this, just loved Summer Wars and The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
DeathScytheRuler

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:32 pm Reply with quote
The Toriko anime is really toned down compared to the manga. The opening and ending themes are just obnoxious.
Gyt Kaliba

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:37 pm Reply with quote
YES. I was hoping FUNi would nab Wolf Children after how good they did with Summer Wars. Here's hoping for another amazing dub for an amazing film.

As for Toriko...eh. Maybe I'll finally get to see why it's apparently hugely popular but yet I never see anyone talking about it. I do find it cool that they cast the lead to someone who's done mostly background characters before though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:38 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, wonder if Wolf Children will get a wider theatrical release like they've done for some of their other films, if it's playing near me I'd go see it (otherwise I'm perfectly content to wait until Netflix gets it).
Crisha

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:42 pm Reply with quote
Woohoo, Wolf Children! Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ninjachad

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:50 pm Reply with quote
Yay for both! Very Happy I'll definitely try to get both for sure. I've seen people begging for Wolf Children to be licensed, so I'll finally see what that's about.

I'm most excited for Toriko. I actually left them a comment in their "recommendations" thread on fb to license it. If I only waited a week or so. Anime catgrin + sweatdrop
rootsofjustice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:52 pm Reply with quote
Was hoping for an announcement for HunterXHunter or Heroman, but I will more than happily take this. Then again, it took them about 19 months to announce Fairy Tail, so there's still plenty of time.
daichi383

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:55 pm Reply with quote
Been waiting for Toriko to be released before i started watching it. Its one of those shows that would be more fun to watch in a language i understand. Ian is an interesting but fitting choice for Toriko. Having heard him in a few shows and on podcasts he can definitely pull off that super macho enthusiasm Toriko exudes. On the subject of Wolf Children OMFG YES!! Can't wait for that release as well.

rootsofjustice wrote:
Was hoping for an announcement for HunterXHunter or Heroman, but I will more than happily take this. Then again, it took them about 19 months to announce Fairy Tail, so there's still plenty of time.

It'll probably be a while until anyone announces Hunter X Hunter for a release given that its only been on for a year and isn't as huge as fairy tail was when it got licensed yet. The DVD's in japan aren't up to a point where it can be easily released straight away. This fact probably influenced why only 24 more episodes of Fairy Tail were announced rather than the full 48 episode season. On the subject of Heroman, I have no idea what happened there. It would probably do well on a network like Disney Anime hyper or maybe CN but nothing happened with that one. I quite enjoyed it the story and the animation was fantastic.

Last edited by daichi383 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
jlaking

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:59 pm Reply with quote
Excited about both announcements, best anime announcements at NYCC.
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:00 pm Reply with quote
Wolf Children~! More very excellent news!

I was sure that we'd see Wolf Children released in America and I'm happy to be vindicated. Mamorou Hosoda is a wonderful director and I really love the distinctive look that he brings to his work. It's something a little simplified and loose, but remarkably lively and expressive. The wolf children themselves looked sincerely and perfectly adorable in the trailers. I'm sure that it'll be a really engaging film to watch and I hope that FUNImation treats its English version with care. (I wonder if we could some day get FUNImation to rescue The Girl Who Leapt Through Time and give it a sweet new Blu-ray release)

So we have this, the first episode of Rose of Versailes streaming and JManga licensing Aoi Hana. That's a pretty sweet weekend's worth of news.

For the third time: Oh, Hell yeah!

I don't care about Toriko, but to those who are excited about it, mazel-tov.

Last edited by Surrender Artist on Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:24 pm; edited 4 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Hypeathon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:01 pm Reply with quote
Wait, their panel was on Sunday?! Seriously? Had I known that, I would've at least gotten Sunday tickets. *sigh* Oh well... still that's awesome they're releasing Toriko. And it was only a matter of when too. And hey, Ian Sinclair and Josh Grelle! That's awesome. Thinking about it, it could've been either Ian or Tatum.

Now if only that show could be on TV...
hojo 360

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:07 pm Reply with quote
FUNimation Entertainment acquires the rights to Toriko jeez how do they plan to sell that? Sure it has its fans but in my book the show is junk i did give it a try and just cant stand it my bet they dub 25 eps and quit after it fails Laughing as for Wolf Children good stuff.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5