• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kuroko's Basketball Threats Posted on 2ch Board Beforehand

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
truanifan678

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:29 pm Reply with quote
I haven't been following this all that closely, but was there anything that said why these threats where being made? I probably missed an article somewhere along the line... I guess I'm wondering what it is about the series or author that has got somebody so bent out of shape. Again, I haven't really been following it recently, but now I'm really wondering... Confused
bradc

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:40 pm Reply with quote
truanifan678 wrote:
I haven't been following this all that closely, but was there anything that said why these threats where being made? I probably missed an article somewhere along the line... I guess I'm wondering what it is about the series or author that has got somebody so bent out of shape. Again, I haven't really been following it recently, but now I'm really wondering... Confused

Because the individual is jealous and holds personal grudges against Fujimaki-sensei's success with his manga and wants attention, but clearly going about it the wrong way, where it involved innocent people as the threats were being made the entire time.

Last edited by bradc on Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:41 pm Reply with quote
So jealous classmate turns to terrorism?
Sunday Silence

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:43 pm Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:

You know how it goes in High School. Jealous turns ugly, to revenge to terrorism to capital murder to genocide to nuking half a star system.....
mdo7

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:51 pm Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:

I hope it doesn't go that far.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
bradc

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:14 pm Reply with quote
mdo7 wrote:
Beatdigga wrote:

It's a domestic terrorist. Fujimaki-sensei is too busy and successful likely doesn't remember who the person was in his class in high school. Since the classmate claims that he does....
Sunday Silence

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:05 am Reply with quote
bradc wrote:
mdo7 wrote:
Beatdigga wrote:

It's a domestic terrorist. Fujimaki-sensei is too busy and successful likely doesn't remember who the person was in his class in high school. Since the classmate claims that he does....

Can you even name most of your graduating class without the aid of a yearbook?
dragon695

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:55 am Reply with quote
Quote:
In a separate development, the threat letter mailed to MBS, the Osaka-based station that aired the Kuroko's Basketball anime, specifically warned it against airing a second season.

Speaking of which, it is high time that a second season be announced already! We can't give in to terrorist threats, after all.
Jaymie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:38 pm Reply with quote
Right now this is just sad, but there's a possibility that people could die before this is over, which is a very scary thought.
skykyo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:06 pm Reply with quote
Just what is wrong with this guy!!!!
Do u have to be so jealous that has to resort to threats, and against innocent people at that!!!!!
opn

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:32 pm Reply with quote
dragon695 wrote:
Quote:
In a separate development, the threat letter mailed to MBS, the Osaka-based station that aired the Kuroko's Basketball anime, specifically warned it against airing a second season.

Speaking of which, it is high time that a second season be announced already! We can't give in to terrorist threats, after all.

I think chances are that due to this there won't be a season two.
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:17 pm Reply with quote
opn wrote:
dragon695 wrote:
Quote:

ya around 20,000 sales per disc those are great sales and all but I think I am scared of a guy who is sending out sulfur.
SereneChaos

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:00 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I wanted to take revenge on Fujimaki himself, but could not find his location. I had no other choice but to target here."

Glad this person doesn't know where to find him. Who knows what he would do.

opn wrote:
dragon695 wrote:
Quote:

My guess is they will only delay it, if they do anything.
mdo7

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:06 pm Reply with quote
Sunday Silence wrote:
bradc wrote:
mdo7 wrote:
Beatdigga wrote:

Can you even name most of your graduating class without the aid of a yearbook?

I meant I hope it doesn't end up with someone (or lots of people) getting kill like on the same level as Virginia Tech massacre or Aurora theater shooting.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Jaymie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:28 pm Reply with quote
I'm sure they'll catch him soon enough. It's not like he wants his identity hidden anyway. The culprit already narrowed it down to Fujimaki's former classmates, and he's posted online, so I'm sure they can track him down.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2