• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Clamp to Launch xxxHOLiC: Rei Manga Next February

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hi-Chan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:32 am Reply with quote
If Yuko is not involved heavily or if this is just more Watanuki . I think I'll pass;since after she was gone the series just seemed to lose it 's focus.
Ferian

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:43 am Reply with quote
This is one piece of good news. The way they had just cut off the previous installment was quite irritating. I look forward to seeing a proper ending for this story. ...though I hope they insert this before the timeskip at the end of Ro rather than continue from there - Doumeki and Kohane are my favorite characters.
Sakurazuka_Reika

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:52 am Reply with quote
I honestly give up on trying to keep up with CLAMP haha.

I'm just gonna pray that Kodansha USA licenses this at some point in the not too distant future. I find myself missing that Watanuki Anime hyper
Kelly

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:17 am Reply with quote
Interesting. I do wonder how it's going to work though, since the last volume pretty much revealed how everyone ended up. The only two questions left up in the air were spoiler[who Domeki and Himawari's spouses were. I have a feeling Domeki probably married Kohane since she's presumably the only woman besides Himawari who would have put up with the status quo of being married to a husband who liked but wasn't in love with her to give Watanuki a family who would stand by him through the centuries. More problematic is who Himawari could possibly have married, since she apparently didn't marry Domeki and to put it bluntly it seemed likely that he was the only person she would probably ever meet with whom she could even have sex, since his chi would probably offset her curse.]

It could just be a short series about Watanuki's cases.
sainta

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:15 am Reply with quote
Kelly wrote:
Interesting. I do wonder how it's going to work though, since the last volume pretty much revealed how everyone ended up. The only two questions left up in the air were spoiler[who Domeki and Himawari's spouses were. I have a feeling Domeki probably married Kohane since she's presumably the only woman besides Himawari who would have put up with the status quo of being married to a husband who liked but wasn't in love with her to give Watanuki a family who would stand by him through the centuries. More problematic is who Himawari could possibly have married, since she apparently didn't marry Domeki and to put it bluntly it seemed likely that he was the only person she would probably ever meet with whom she could even have sex, since his chi would probably offset her curse.]

It could just be a short series about Watanuki's cases.

The Adayume OVA confirmed that Domeki spoiler[was going to marry Kohane even though she loved Watanuki.] By the way, will there be an explanation about where did exactly Watanuki came from? In Tsubasa we learned only few bits about him but we never learned about spoiler[his true name or his relation with Clow Reed.]
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:41 am Reply with quote
sainta wrote:

The Adayume OVA confirmed that Domeki spoiler[was going to marry Kohane even though she loved Watanuki.] By the way, will there be an explanation about where did exactly Watanuki came from? In Tsubasa we learned only few bits about him but we never learned about spoiler[his true name or his relation with Clow Reed.]

I *think* that was explained in the original series spoiler[that he was supposed to replace the version of Shaoran from their world and, I'm guessing here, since he remembered less and less about his past as the story went on, I think that everything the Tsubasa gang was doing ended up having repercussions on his past and making it all really confusing]
Augh, and talks like this remind me of just how sad the ending to this series was, not because it was a sad one but because it started out good and just faded away as it went on, don't think I'll be trying out this new series unless it's really really good (also, Clamp why are you doing three series at once again?!?)
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:35 am Reply with quote
Sakurazuka_Reika wrote:

I'm just gonna pray that Kodansha USA licenses this at some point in the not too distant future. I find myself missing that Watanuki Anime hyper

Indeed. KUSA licenses it, I will buy.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:41 am Reply with quote
I'm also curious why CLAMP is trying to do three manga now, considering they just recently took a break due to health issues, if I remember correctly.

But I also can't say I'm not excited about this. I love xxxHolic, even despite the ending, so more is always welcomed in my book. But I'm curious of where this is going to go. spoiler[Perhaps exploring things between the time skip? Or I believe Watanuki is able to leave the shop after he met Yuuko, perhaps adventures of his life as the shopkeeper outside of the shop? Short stories involving the characters would be cool too, something short and simple for CLAMP to do I'd like to think, and would be something extra to add to our collections.]

Ashen Phoenix wrote:
Sakurazuka_Reika wrote:

Indeed. KUSA licenses it, I will buy.

I agree with this. Anime hyper
Utsuro no Hako

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:02 am Reply with quote
Sakurazuka_Reika wrote:

I hope not. I'd much rather have Dark Horse do it considering how nice their other CLAMP books have been.
MaxGoof

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:00 pm Reply with quote
I wish to god CLAMP would just finish X/1999 instead of retreading XXXHolic.
sarroush

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:00 pm Reply with quote
YEEEEESSS!!!!! BEST NEWS EVER! Please Yuuko! Please be involved! Anime cry
Lady Multi

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:29 pm Reply with quote
MaxGoof wrote:
I wish to god CLAMP would just finish X/1999 instead of retreading XXXHolic.

Ditto. We've been left out forever on this, heh. I'm fine with whoever they kill off to end it, if they would just end it.

I was, honestly, satisfied with xxxHolic as it was.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:45 pm Reply with quote
I'm all for more Holic, though I think it is a bit unecessary. The ending was abrupt, sure, but it featured a genuinely surprising twist that I have to applaud Clamp for.
Darkmagick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:43 pm Reply with quote
...I think CLAMP is just messing with us now.

That being said, I am 100% reading this. xD
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:44 pm Reply with quote
AWWW YISS
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2