• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Girls & Panzer Delays Episode #11 Tentatively Until March

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:41 pm Reply with quote
http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-13354.html

ATX Confirmed a couple days ago they were airing Episodes 11 and 12 in January, after news about Episode 10.5 came out. Is that not true?
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:41 pm Reply with quote
Well Now this just sucks..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ultimatemegax

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:41 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:

ATX Confirmed a couple days ago they were airing Episodes 11 and 12 in January, after news about Episode 10.5 came out. Is that not true?
Considering that link you posted referenced AT-X's schedule for episode 12 only and was posted days ago, yes, it's not true. This came out hours ago in Japan from official sources, not a TV station.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:48 pm Reply with quote
Glad to hear that the directr is already working towards a sequel. This world and its characters need to be explored much, much more.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:50 pm Reply with quote
They had better plus every scene until it's movie quality.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:52 pm Reply with quote
ultimatemegax wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:

Considering that link you posted referenced AT-X's schedule for episode 12 only and was posted days ago, yes, it's not true. This came out hours ago in Japan from official sources, not a TV station.

Well, that sucks. Its like Madoka all over again.. I hope those final 2 episodes are worth it.
Mc-Taz

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:06 pm Reply with quote
Perhaps this series aired a season too soon, or the staff just wasn't up to par. The constant delays and "refresher" episodes are a pretty big disappointment. The series is decently entertaining, but it would be nice if it was being handled better. If they do end up doing more production for it later on, I just hope that they are actually up to the task of producing it in a professional manner.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Mc-Taz wrote:
Perhaps this series aired a season too soon, or the staff just wasn't up to par. The constant delays and "refresher" episodes are a pretty big disappointment. The series is decently entertaining, but it would be nice if it was being handled better. If they do end up doing more production for it later on, I just hope that they are actually up to the task of producing it in a professional manner.

Well, its not like these kinds of delays actually hurt hyped titles. Bakemonogatari went through the same thing, and ended up 2nd best selling title of the 2000s. Girls und Panzer has actually boosted in the Amazon rankings since this news was announced, since its given people more excitement about the episodes being of higher quality.

Sure, its kinda annoying having to wait for the new episodes, but I'd rather take higher quality episodes than rushed ones that end up having lots of issues.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:18 pm Reply with quote
This is not welcome news. Why does this shit never seem to happen to shows that I'm "meh" on?
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:23 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
This is not welcome news. Why does this shit never seem to happen to shows that I'm "meh" on?

Yeah "Btooom, Medaka Box, Ixion, Magi, and Psycho Pass delayed for months.": whatever. GuP is one of the few series I am legitimately excited to watch.
hpulley

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:40 pm Reply with quote
Reading about them having corrections and improvements on top of the extra OVAs I am looking forward to the blu-ray discs, first one in a week or so I guess. Since I'm legit I wonder if Crunchyroll will stream them? Probably not, I'll probably have to wait for the last BD in June, assuming it isn't delayed again...
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:15 pm Reply with quote
well, shit. this totally sucks Sad
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:43 pm Reply with quote
Sgih not again isnt this what the internet was made for so people dont have to wait
fathomlessblue

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:32 pm Reply with quote
Yet more evidence for my totally biased claim of this show being the best thing since Madoka! ^^
scineram

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:35 pm Reply with quote
Better than Gunvarrel, I guess.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2