• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
third ova for Fushigi Yuugi

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vsailormoongirl

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2002 2:09 am Reply with quote
hi does anybody know anything about a Fushigi Yuugi Series? I heard there is a new series currently in Japan but can't find anything on the internet about it, if you know anything please let me know!

Jlbkwrm
Old Regular

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2002 2:40 am Reply with quote
Small spoiler warning:

The last paragraph of the following post does contain information that assumes you've seen all of the Fushigi Yuugi TV series + first two OAVs. It also contains a brief summary of the premise of the new OAV series. Don't read if you don't wanna know.

The third OAV series is called Fushigi Yuugi Eikouden, and is based on part of the Fushigi Yuugi Gaiden novels.

The last volume (4 of 4) was released today in Japan. Pioneer has already announced that they hold the rights to the US release of the OAV, and the Pioneer dub is present on all of the Japanese DVDs.
(Spoilers below)

The general premise is that, three years post-OAV2, Miaka and Taka finally get married, and Miaka's pregnant. Unfortunately, another girl thinks she should be the one with Taka, and when she ends up with the Universe of the Four Gods, she opens the book to attempt to change the story. Unfortunate side effect--Miaka is knocked unconcious, and all traces of the baby just disappear. Taka travels back to Konan, and tries to fix everything.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2002 1:49 pm Reply with quote
vsailormoongirl wrote:

hi does anybody know anything about a Fushigi Yuugi Series? I heard there is a new series currently in Japan but can't find anything on the internet about it, if you know anything please let me know!

From last year's news:

Studio Pierrot at AX (2001-07-09 23:52:18)
Studio Pierrot announced that a new Fushigi Yuugi OVA series, Fushigi Yuugi: Gaiden, is currently under production. The OVA series features the return of all seven Suzaku senshi and will be released this spring as 4 30-minute episodes. Pioneer has acquired the North American rights. [ No More ]

Last edited by Tempest on Thu Jun 27, 2002 7:50 am; edited 1 time in total
vsailormoongirl

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2002 2:10 am Reply with quote
thanks, I am glad to here there is more of one of my favorite series coming out! :) sounds pretty interesting, does anybody maybe have a website I can look at, where I can see pics or anything from this new series? :roll:
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1