• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: F-Zero anime, manga in the works

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BERSERK EVA

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 10:13 pm Reply with quote
What does everyone else think? I think its kind of lame. I mean why F-Zero, sure its a fun game but they had many other titles to choose from.
animaniac

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 10:37 pm Reply with quote
yeah great game series the new one will rule. Thats why they doing show cause of the new game and it will be somewhat worth it for them. The show will likely suck Crying or Very sad but might be cool for while should be short and look/sound cool. I dont care i like more original shows if it were on tv i give it shot, likely no good though Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mikuji

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 12:26 am Reply with quote
You never know, it could end up being okay. i never thought that shows like Initial D, Slam Dunk and Hikaru no Go (for example) would do okay, so who knows? Maybe we'll end up with a tight, futuristic racing drama series?

I'm kinda intrigued as to how they'll go about it actually
animaniac

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 1:38 pm Reply with quote
well as long as it has some story, awesome visuals (cg?) and great sound and music cool. Hope it gets fansubbed or comes here soon.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
BERSERK EVA

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 3:39 pm Reply with quote
I guess we will just have to see when it comes.
Mikuji

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 9:06 am Reply with quote
I agree. I really enjoyed the CGI racing in Initial D and i think it'd be sweet for the F-Zero anime to go the same route. It'd look pretty nice these days too, CGI's moved a long way in the past few years.

Another option is to give them that sorta cel-shaded look a-la the vehicles in GITS - Stand Alone Complex, but i hope not.. it's interesting, but the colours look so saturated...
Justin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 2:16 pm Reply with quote
I too was wondering how they were going to make an anime out of a racing game.

I suppose if they focused on the story of the drivers and made the racing second, then it could flesh out nicely.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1