• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Spring 2013 Anime Preview Guide

Goto page   Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rockman nes

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:26 pm Reply with quote
[EDIT: Congrats on making a totally asinine first post that I cannot delete without removing the entire thread. This is not a contest to see who can start off the thread with a worthless "I'm first" post. - Key]
opn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:32 pm Reply with quote
Utapri 2 has everything I liked about season 1 so in really enjoying it Very Happy.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:35 pm Reply with quote
Aaaand it looks like it's time for another season of the soap opera that is the Anime Preview Guide on ANN!

Take your guess, folks! What show/topic do YOU think will cause 30-page long flame wars?
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:39 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
Aaaand it looks like it's time for another season of the soap opera that is the Anime Preview Guide on ANN!

Take your guess, folks! What show/topic do YOU think will cause 30-page long flame wars?

Oreimo season 2, when spoilers are leaked.

Ahh i'm going to need long cold one for this journey~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
CrowLia

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:43 pm Reply with quote
^ Probably OreImo, but in actuality it's hard to tell. Last season people were killing each other over MAOYU and it wasn't that big of a deal, really.

Loved UtaPri 2. After the boring, nonsensical stupidity that was Amnesia, UtaPri comes back with all the silliness, the supposedly-sexy-but-mostly-ridiculous coreographies and the hot guys (and none of them wants to drug you and put you in a cage, thank god). My love for reverse-harem has been revamped by 2000%. The addition of the three new guys is awesome, and I hope the world gets a shitload of threesome-ish doujinshis. I'm so happy I could cry.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:47 pm Reply with quote
Haruka just having a personalty already makes it better than Amnesia

CrowLia wrote:

Loved UtaPri 2. After the boring, nonsensical stupidity that was Amnesia, UtaPri comes back with all the silliness, the supposedly-sexy-but-mostly-ridiculous coreographies and the hot guys (and none of them wants to drug you and put you in a cage, thank god).

I don't know, alternate personality Natsuki seems like he'd do that just for shits and giggles

Last edited by getchman on Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chagen46

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:48 pm Reply with quote
UtaPri looks like something I could watch...but the character designs are "meh". It's got that "otoge" look to it and I've just never been a big fan of it. I like my guys to be more "moe"-looking, if that makes any sense.

We need an Otokonoko anime >_>
CrowLia

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:54 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
Haruka just having a personalty already makes it better than Amnesia

CrowLia wrote:

Loved UtaPri 2. After the boring, nonsensical stupidity that was Amnesia, UtaPri comes back with all the silliness, the supposedly-sexy-but-mostly-ridiculous coreographies and the hot guys (and none of them wants to drug you and put you in a cage, thank god).

I don't know, alternate personality Natsuki seems like he'd do that just for shits and giggles

Sorry, wrong wording by me. Should've been "None of the potential boyfriends wants to drug you and put you in a cage to prove how much he loves you". I think that's what bothered me the most about that one. That they wanted to make it seem like it was "romantic".

Also, Natsuki's alternate personality (forgot name) sings one of my favorite songs from the show, so whatever.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:57 pm Reply with quote
I don't even have to stretch too far out of sequel territory to fill my plate this season, there's so much airing. Summer's gonna just like this too. I've gotta start on RDG soon, now that the HD is out.
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:06 pm Reply with quote
Uta no Prince Sama 2 seems mediocre so far to me. I've watched season 1 before and everything almost stays the same so far with the exception involving some new characters. Well, some of the songs were nice I guess.

Regarding RDG: Red Data Girl, there's still many questions that invites answers and I am definitely looking forward to what's to come next. It definitely has potential and I remember P.A's other work, Another from awhile ago that invites questions from viewers as the episodes progressed with theories and analysis.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:10 pm Reply with quote
Rebecca's Utapri review had me in stitches. Good job!
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:17 pm Reply with quote
I've seen the first three eppies of RDG and I'm really digging it. Imo, the first eppie was the weakest one, so if you like it, you should be pretty happy with what follows.
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:19 pm Reply with quote
Seeing both Theron and Rebecca comment on Haruka's eyes, I decided to do an image search just to see what the fuss was, and OH MY WHAT THE HELL.

Won't be getting much sleep tonight.

On a less disturbing note, Red Data Girl definitely sounds interesting, will be wanting to check it out.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:20 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Regarding RDG: Red Data Girl, there's still many questions that invites answers and I am definitely looking forward to what's to come next. It definitely has potential and I remember P.A's other work, Another from awhile ago that invites questions from viewers as the episodes progressed with theories and analysis.

I've seen all of P.A. Works' TV series so far, so there's little chance I'd miss out on this one. Their series are always lush with detail and fantastic backgrounds. Another, for all of its problems, was still one of the most entertaining series of 2012. When a series truly captures my attention, I stick with it and the people who produced it. And throughout 2012, that director, Tsutomu Mizushima gave us two more excellent series in Joshiraku and Girls und Panzer. I'm keeping my eye on him.

Last edited by walw6pK4Alo on Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:20 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
I've seen the first three eppies of RDG and I'm really digging it. Imo, the first eppie was the weakest one, so if you like it, you should be pretty happy with what follows.

It's already been running for three entire episodes? Wow, it must have gotten started early! (not that I can watch it, since I don't download. Really want to see it though...)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page   Next
Page 1 of 76