• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Adds The Severing Crime Edge TV Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ConanSan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:01 pm Reply with quote
Sounds about right. Gotta get them all (and a huge overdraft)
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:57 pm Reply with quote
Nice! I'm digging this show and feel pretty confident I'll want to own it. Good ole Sentai.
agila61

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:15 pm Reply with quote
Conan-san wrote:
Sounds about right. Gotta get them all (and a huge overdraft)

Why would there be a huge overdraft? The Minimum Guarantee from Crunchyroll would cover much of the MG for the license ~ quite possibly cover more than the signing portion of the license MG ~ and by the time the season is half over, it will be clear which of the pickups will support a dub, from DVD sales and from royalties from TheAnimeNetwork, and which will be released with a sub-only release.

A huge overdraft would come into play if they dubbed almmost everything they licensed, as ADV used to do.
Dark Absol

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:08 pm Reply with quote
I had hoped that they'd stop licensing new anime for a while and start licensing old anime like Manabi Straight, Nanoha series, The Familair of Zero series, etc.
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:23 pm Reply with quote
This show is incredibly weird, but I love it. I'm glad it will be getting a US release, however, I don't believe it will be dubbed.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:06 pm Reply with quote
Sweet about time some one got this
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:15 pm Reply with quote
firedragon54738 wrote:
Sweet about time some one got this

I know, right? I mean it's already broadcast three whole episodes ... I thought the wait would never end.
AbZeroNow

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:24 pm Reply with quote
Dark Absol wrote:
I had hoped that they'd stop licensing new anime for a while and start licensing old anime like Manabi Straight, Nanoha series, The Familair of Zero series, etc.

Sentai did license the last season of Familiar of Zero, but it would be nice to hear that they license rescued the first season in the very least.

Of course, I would almost instantly buy Nanoha StrikerS even if Sentai did a sub-only DVD release.

There is always still hope that Sentai makes some annoucements around the big conventions this year though.
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:28 pm Reply with quote
AbZeroNow wrote:
Dark Absol wrote:

Sentai did license the last season of Familiar of Zero, but it would be nice to hear that they license rescued the first season in the very least.

Of course, I would almost instantly buy Nanoha StrikerS even if Sentai did a sub-only DVD release.

There is always still hope that Sentai makes some annoucements around the big conventions this year though.

They've announced on their Facebook page that they will be at Anime Expo and that people should try to be there. So I imagine they have something planned for it.
Dark Absol

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:28 pm Reply with quote
AbZeroNow wrote:
Dark Absol wrote:

I know they did licensed 4th season of The Familair of Zero, but not 1st-3rd season of it. :/

One can always hope Sentai makes a big announcement at the convention they attend this year.
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:34 pm Reply with quote
Cyclone1993 wrote:
This show is incredibly weird, but I love it. I'm glad it will be getting a US release, however, I don't believe it will be dubbed.

Don't count a dub out just yet. Sentai isn't totally opposed to dubbing weird shows. I mean heck, even Kill Me Baby and Mysterious Girlfriend X got dubs. Neutral
agila61

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:39 pm Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:
Cyclone1993 wrote:

Don't count a dub out just yet. Sentai isn't totally opposed to dubbing weird shows. I mean heck, even Kill Me Baby and Mysterious Girlfriend X got dubs. Neutral

That could be a guess about whether the streaming audience numbers and demographics will encourage or discourage a dub.

Indeed, that's part of the point of the "license first, decide on type of release later" approach ... they don't have to guess whether or not it is going to be popular, so much as gauge how popular it becomes.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:57 am Reply with quote
AbZeroNow wrote:

I second this.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1