• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kitakubu Katsudō Kiroku Schoolgirl Manga Gets TV Anime

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:09 pm Reply with quote
This looks like a very unique and refreshing premise.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:11 pm Reply with quote
Boy, I sure haven't seen this plot before!

After GJ-Bu I really don't feel in the need for another school club anime.
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:18 pm Reply with quote
Cute girls doing cute things? I approve.

I am getting somewhat of a GJ-Bu vibe here also.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
zeo1fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:19 pm Reply with quote
Oh God. Not another "people who do nothing" anime about a "people who do nothing" club. Proactivity is a basic essential of good storytelling; why gather all of these characters in one place without giving them a legitimate drive or goal to work towards? Why would this even make money? Death to the "K-On"s of the world. Twisted Evil
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:30 pm Reply with quote
zeo1fan wrote:
Oh God. Not another "people who do nothing" anime about a "people who do nothing" club. Proactivity is a basic essential of good storytelling; why gather all of these characters in one place without giving them a legitimate drive or goal to work towards? Why would this even make money? Death to the "K-On"s of the world. Twisted Evil

This is probably just some 3 minute anime (since its been announced so close to the airing date) so I wouldn't get my feathers all ruffled if I were you.
dan9999

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:32 pm Reply with quote
Oh heavens, this stuff is like and endless nightmare.

RyanSaotome wrote:

JESUS! Let this be sarcasm, but very scary, its makes sense if hardcore fans have the mindset since this stuff keeps coming non-stop.

Last edited by dan9999 on Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
zeo1fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:35 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
zeo1fan wrote:

This is probably just some 3 minute anime (since its been announced so close to the airing date) so I wouldn't get my feathers all ruffled if I were you.

This premise is seemingly endlessly recycled and I want to know why. Would you offer an explanation?
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:38 pm Reply with quote
zeo1fan wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:
zeo1fan wrote:

This premise is seemingly endlessly recycled and I want to know why. Would you offer an explanation?

These kinds of premises are what the main anime fanbase wants. Aka, the people who actually fund the industry. The people who prefer different stuff never buy anime so they don't make stuff they're interested in too often.
dan9999

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:48 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
zeo1fan wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:
zeo1fan wrote:

These kinds of premises are what the main anime fanbase wants. Aka, the people who actually fund the industry. The people who prefer different stuff never buy anime so they don't make stuff they're interested in too often.

No doubt, but saying hardcore otaku are the ones that fund the industry (whole industry) is extremely exaggerated.

The main anime fanbase are mainstream viewers, not hardcore ones.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:50 pm Reply with quote
dan9999 wrote:
No doubt, but saying hardcore otaku are the ones that fund the industry (whole industry) is extremely exaggerated.

The main anime fanbase are mainstream viewers, not hardcore ones.

Depends on the studio and production committee. For a producer like Aniplex, otaku ARE the ones who fund them since they don't do the mainstream kids shows.

Regardless, the people who like the drama, artsy, bloody etc stuff don't buy anime, so they are as much to blame for the current anime industry as the otaku are. If they were more willing to buy anime then studios would make more anime for them.
dan9999

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:55 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
Depends on the studio and production committee. For a producer like Aniplex, otaku ARE the ones who fund them since they don't do the mainstream kids shows.

Regardless, the people who like the drama, artsy, bloody etc stuff don't buy anime, so they are as much to blame for the current anime industry as the otaku are. If they were more willing to buy anime then studios would make more anime for them.

Ah, now its different and have no objections, what you say its sadly true.

Not like we have much of an options you know, but there was much diversity and all kind of stuff did sell quite well up to 2005. The tastes changed and that is undeniable, did it change for good or bad, depends and we know the opinions in both ways well.

Now in my perspective, the endless desire (obsession I could say) for more anime like this thread refers to its endless, and basically studio would risk too much for unknown results, the fanbase you speak off is more predictable and it significantly lower risk.

But its has been proven recently that other stuff will still sell if done right and with good effort, i.e: Jojo | Initial D | Yamato 2199 | Psycho-pass, but this series need much more effort if you ask me.

Do a different more ambitious series wrong and you will end up with minus 1000 disc sales ir more but wont be enough the make a profit and will still not even brake even, even if they are good they could not sell as you say, make a mediocre series with lots of pandering and it can sell 2000-3000 and be profitable regardless.

Last edited by dan9999 on Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:04 am; edited 1 time in total
zeo1fan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:03 am Reply with quote
dan9999 wrote:
Ah, now its different and have no objections, what you say its sadly true.

Not like we have much of an options you know, but there was much diversity and all kind of stuff did sell quite well up to 2005. The tastes changed and that is undeniable, did it change for good or bad, depends and we know the opinions in both ways well.

Maybe it'll change again? After all, nobody could have anticipated the Masterpiece tragedy, Madoka Magica. Artsiness may rise again.
dan9999

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:08 am Reply with quote
zeo1fan wrote:
Maybe it'll change again? After all, nobody could have anticipated the Masterpiece tragedy, Madoka Magica. Artsiness may rise again.

I am holding onto that small ray of hope as well, notice: Jojo | Initial D | Yamato 2199 | Psycho-pass | Look at Chihaya, pretty bad disc sales and we got a second season, look at all the revival of old anime and with pretty darn good success: Yamato, Hunter x Hunter, Saint Seiya, Harlock, Glass Mask (even in gag form), Dragon Ball Z Battle of Gods, upcoming new Sailor moon.

I can only hope we are moving once again, at the least, hope for more diversity and that studios risk doing different things once more.
zeo1fan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:15 am Reply with quote
dan9999 wrote:
I am holding onto that small ray of hope as well, notice: Jojo | Initial D | Yamato 2199 | Psycho-pass | Look at Chihaya, pretty bad disc sales and we got a second season, look at all the revival of old anime and with pretty darn good success: Yamato, Hunter x Hunter, Saint Seiya, Harlock, Glass Mask (even in gag form), Dragon Ball Z Battle of Gods, upcoming new Sailor moon.

I can only hope we are moving once again, at the least, hope for more diversity and that studios risk doing different things once more.

Now if only "doing nothing" stories like these would die out. It's not a "show about nothing" like Louie that actually offers deep themes relating to life. These anime are straight-up vacuous.

[Mod Edit: Do not excessively quote. You only need to quote the thread you are responding too, not the entire chain. - Keonyn]
leokiko

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:34 am Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:

Right?

I'm on board! Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9