• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Interview: Seven Seas Entertainment

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jsevakis
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:22 am Reply with quote
So... anyone actually read any of their manga? At this point it's hard to tell if they are actually professional, or just otaku that just happened to get investment.

I read the first 50 pages of Aoi House on their website, and was underwhelmed in the same way Megatokyo underwhelms me. Just seemed to play like a "best of anime clichés" collection. Is the other stuff better?
domino

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:31 am Reply with quote
I was also thorougly unimpressed by the sample pages of Aoi House (for reasons similar to the above post). Just once I'd like to see an OEL manga that doesn't play off of a bunch of terrible cliches. Not a fan of the art, either. The characters are so bland and irritating...

Can things like that really get printed in magazines like Newtype...? Interesting info ~
tlsmith1963

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:45 pm Reply with quote
I love their releases of the Boogiepop manga & novels. The books are absolutely gorgeous. I spend time just staring at the covers when I first get them. They look amazing.

Tammy
Lanisatu

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:00 pm Reply with quote
Personally, I'm a fan of Sarah Ellerton's Inverloch, for the rich story and the art quality.

I'm interested in picking up a printed copy of the first volume, I've heard good things about the printing quality.

I don't really know their other titles.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Jadress

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:36 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, I checked out Inverloch and Earthsong Saga today and was a bit underwhelmed. The art is pretty good in both of them, but I especially found Inverloch to be really boring after a while and had weird flukey character development. The whole story was dialogue, and I read most of the first volume. Earthsong Saga seemed a little better. Sevenseas seems to have no problem finding some decent artists, but its the storytelling I am curious about...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1