• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Trigger's Little Witch Academia Blu-ray Offered in N. America

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Divineking

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:05 pm Reply with quote
This is pretty interesting though I think I'd need to see what the price looks like before I'd consider buying it. Since it's literally just a single episode I don't think the release should be over $50 even with LE extras but I guess we'll see what happens
BigOnAnime
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:08 pm Reply with quote
Sounds quite nice, though I can't justify going for it as I'm one of the few people that found LWA boring and mediocre.

If I loved it, this definitely would be the perfect collector's item for me.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
lossthief
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:08 pm Reply with quote
Making of Video? Soundtrack? Artbook?

I have a very, very mighty need for this. Depending on price and release date, I might just make this my big birthday purchase.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:11 pm Reply with quote
First, I'm delighted to hear that there is a new kid on the N.A. distribution block - welcome, acttil! I'd be mightily tempted to pick this up assuming the price isn't overly insane. I dug LWA and all those extras seem nifty.
KENZICHI

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:33 pm Reply with quote
Considering all those extras are coming out with it I MUST have it! But I don't own a Blu-ray player... Boo-hoo for me...
Myaow

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:35 pm Reply with quote
This is the best news!! I love Little Witch Academia, plus the extras sound outrageous! I can see paradise by the dashboard light!
Splitter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:46 pm Reply with quote
Amazing news. This short and Trigger in general deserves all the support the fandom can provide.
jymmy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:50 pm Reply with quote
This is just excellent, I honestly don't think I could want this any more. I'm confused, though, is this the company through which Trigger is releasing LWA or is this a localisation with details coming out before the Japanese version somehow? A citation would be nice, ANN.
Crispy45

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:55 pm Reply with quote
>_> Well Japan didn't really care about LWA much so I wouldn't be surprised if this is just for America only right now. Trigger definitely pushed this more on American fans once they saw some Americans actually cared about this short when Japan didn't.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:30 pm Reply with quote
Sounds purdy cool, I wonder what they'll price this premium set at.
publicenemy333

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:32 pm Reply with quote
Crispy45 wrote:
>_> Well Japan didn't really care about LWA much so I wouldn't be surprised if this is just for America only right now. Trigger definitely pushed this more on American fans once they saw some Americans actually cared about this short when Japan didn't.

Is that so? I never heard that, where did ya hear that?

I'd get this if it doesnt cost too much, I liked this short a lot. $50 would be my limit. Would love if this show got a full series somehow
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:59 pm Reply with quote
KENZICHI wrote:
Considering all those extras are coming out with it I MUST have it! But I don't own a Blu-ray player... Boo-hoo for me...

Considering how inexpensive Blu-ray players can be had for these days, I wouldn't think that would be much of an obstacle.
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:37 pm Reply with quote
jymmy wrote:
This is just excellent, I honestly don't think I could want this any more. I'm confused, though, is this the company through which Trigger is releasing LWA or is this a localisation with details coming out before the Japanese version somehow? A citation would be nice, ANN.

All information was obtained through an official press release. While not explicitly stated, I would assume this is an import. The Japanese Blu-ray was to have English subtitles, after all.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:40 pm Reply with quote
Well dropping that kind of green for just one episode and sub only maybe not be worth it but it was really good
jymmy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:43 pm Reply with quote
octopodpie wrote:
All information was obtained through an official press release. While not explicitly stated, I would assume this is an import. The Japanese Blu-ray was to have English subtitles, after all.

Thanks, the hyperlink in the word 'announced' now directs me to said press release.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2