• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Shonen Jump's Assassination Classroom Manga Gets Event Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hybridbloodszak

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:39 am Reply with quote
I know HxH skews towards the older crowd especially the people who buy the tankobons but c'mon Jump... If you're bringing back the Jump Super ANIME Tour, you could at least promote the anime of your franchises that actually have anime ongoing at the moment.
M.ichi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:47 am Reply with quote
Screening of the Ansatsu Kyoushitsu anime special PROBABLY indicates potential announcement for a full-on anime adaption.
Nisekoi was also mentioned in the scans which is also relevant because of the anime adaption that was announced recently as well. That goes for the second season of Kuroko too.
Promoting already long-running anime would be pointless in a situation like this.
dtm42

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:02 am Reply with quote
So this being destroys seventy percent of the Moon which would cause hundreds of millions - if not billions - of people to die from raining debris and huge tsunamis, and of course ruin the tides and increase the Earth's wobble to dangerous if not catastrophic levels. But it only has a price tag of one hundred million dollars on its head? That's only four times as much as Osama who killed a mere thirty-three-hundred. Plus it is now teaching in a classroom and its own students have to kill it rather than the military?

I know Shounen Jump isn't a place where you go for realistic stories, but come on, did the Manga-ka suffer a lobotomy or something?
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:06 am Reply with quote
fudge YEAH!!!!

though as far as a full anime adaptation goes PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WAIT until we get to chapter 100 first or something.
M.ichi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:36 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
So this being destroys seventy percent of the Moon which would cause hundreds of millions - if not billions - of people to die from raining debris and huge tsunamis, and of course ruin the tides and increase the Earth's wobble to dangerous if not catastrophic levels. But it only has a price tag of one hundred million dollars on its head? That's only four times as much as Osama who killed a mere thirty-three-hundred. Plus it is now teaching in a classroom and its own students have to kill it rather than the military?

I know Shounen Jump isn't a place where you go for realistic stories, but come on, did the Manga-ka suffer a lobotomy or something?

Guessing you haven't read Neuro then >.>
Or this manga. Which is actually quite light hearted most of the time.
There are definitely manga that are much more violent than this one---which is mostly a light hearted comedy except when it's serious.
dtm42

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:03 am Reply with quote
^
I don't understand why you're talking about violence when I was talking about realism.
jymmy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:17 am Reply with quote
I'd like to see a full anime adaptation of Assassination Classroom, as long as it doesn't go one episode per chapter.

dtm42 wrote:

Korosensei installed himself in the classroom, they can't really stop him from teaching a class if he wants. And since being his students gives them practice on killing him, they figure they may as well give them that practice. The military tries to kill him every couple of chapters, but they haven't had much luck. The students have uncovered some of his weaknesses through being in a classroom, which both they and the military have tried to exploit, so it's useful in that regard.

The concept is pretty dumb, but the comedy is in the nonachalance of it all. As for the moon, well, I dunno. That doesn't make much sense at all.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:26 am Reply with quote
Because as we all well know, the point in WSJ Manga is their absolute realism.
WANNFH

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:50 am Reply with quote
Simply put, the creators just want to wait for the responses before the beginning of the full anime. The only question is who will do it.

Give it to the guys from Sunrise Studio 5, really, they will make real eyecandy from the original manga.
ashura zoldyck

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:11 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:

you're such a dumbass, almost 95% of shonen manga is unrealistic and you know that so what the fudge are you talking about? go watch some realistic stuff then and shut the fudge up
dtm42

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:22 am Reply with quote
^
Did I hurt your feelings? Does it make you sad to hear someone state the obvious?

Grow up pal.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:27 am Reply with quote
Even if it's the obvious, it's incredibly silly to call out a Shonen-freaking-manga for being unrealistic. I'm honestly unfamiliar with this one, I'm not much of a gag-manga person, but your complaint makes no sense. Why would this kind of manga need to be even remotely realistic? I just don't really get why this of all the outrageous things manga has produced in the history of everything, is upsetting you.
dtm42

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:59 am Reply with quote
^
Uh, I'm hardly upset. Trust me, if I was upset you would definitely know about it.
flackenstien

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:09 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:

SLIGHT SPOILERS:
1) The destroyed part of the moon wasn't exploded, as far as we know, so no debris. And, c'mon, there's a tentacle alien octopus teacher that can travel at mach 20 & destroy planets, the tide doesn't need to cause an apocalypse..
2) The 'being' could wreck any military forces. He's teaching the students how to assassinate him, agreeing to not cause them any harm.
3) Read the series before you criticize it.
sk1199

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:39 am Reply with quote
If you want realism then you should know that if the moon was destroyed you wouldn't get Tsunamis the tides would go flat. It's the moon that pulls the water toward it that causes the tides. (Extremely simplified version of science).
If you want realism then sci-fi may not be your thing. The story has its own internal logic that works within its premise and remains consistant to that logic. That's all that you should really expect for "realism"in a Sci-Fi/Fantasy setting.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2