• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Meganebu Anime About Glasses-Wearing Boys Previewed in Ad

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KH91

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:54 pm Reply with quote
*plays video*

Voices: WE ARE MEGANEBU! U! U! U! U! U!

Me: Dafuq?
darkhappy1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:04 pm Reply with quote
... This is heaven for me. Fall will probably be when I die from everything. (Hayato Kimata is giving me heart palpitations already!)

I'm also interested to see how Soubi Yamamoto handles her first TV series. Deco Akao's résume seems awfully interesting too...
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:45 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, weird premise...I'll give it a try I guess.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
sakuragtin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:29 am Reply with quote
I'm excited about this mostly because it's Soubi Yamamoto directing it and I'm curious how she's going to handle it being her first TV series. The series composition is also done by a woman which is exciting too. Hopefully it will turn out well, so far though I'm not too sure really if it will. At most it appears that it's a show about cute/hot guys doing, well, I'm going to go with cute things... unless they're rebuilding bikes or tanks (my secret hope since one dude is pictured with a gigantic wrench and they are wearing overalls). Only time will tell. Now how about a commercial with actual animation and not flashing pictures. Laughing
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:32 am Reply with quote
I'm looking forward to October Very Happy. Kimata sounds like the character who will stick out for me, I'm not quite sure why but I seem to lean more towards immature characters, I guess they seem more fun.

sakuragtin - I am hoping that the overalls means they will be doing manly activates like mechanics, hopefully like the Auto Club from Ah My Goddess.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
EastN3

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:56 am Reply with quote
.........What? I wear glasses, and I'm still confused about this show.
Nogara-San

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:13 am Reply with quote
This looks ridiculous....but I'll probably watch Razz
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:50 am Reply with quote
I might give it a shot, though comparing it to Free will be unavoidable.
Ortensia1980

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:56 am Reply with quote
Wait... what? An anime about an eyeglasses club? What? I'll definitely watch this and will probably end up loving it to bits (I know myself all to well), but what a weird premise.
pumpkinhead

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:05 am Reply with quote
This looks as stupid and campy as UtaPri and Brother's Conflict are.....

so I'll probably watch. Razz
lys

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:46 am Reply with quote
I got glasses in 4th grade and was so excited about them (ultra-dorky early '90s frames though they were...). I made up my own super hero who wore glasses and fought against the crimes of contacts and laser eye surgery! Because glasses are the best!! Everyone should wear them!!! (my views are not so extreme these days, but I still love glasses.)

So I'm kinda thrilled that a character like this Akira Soma exists, and I am totally going to watch this show, no matter how silly it may get. Yay glasses :D
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:21 pm Reply with quote
I hadn't realized that Sōbi Yamamoto will be directing this. That actually makes it a good deal more intriguing to me, because while I suspect that she may still be immature as an artist, she's also a little odd, which I consider a virtue, and enthusiastic about animation. I'm not sure how good this well be, but that makes this an interesting project rather than just a strange one.

I think it's cool to see such a young talent get a chance like this, especially in an industry that has a surplus of middle-aged or older men.

Lys wrote:
I got glasses in 4th grade and was so excited about them (ultra-dorky early '90s frames though they were...). I made up my own super hero who wore glasses and fought against the crimes of contacts and laser eye surgery! Because glasses are the best!! Everyone should wear them!!! (my views are not so extreme these days, but I still love glasses.)

I've never been that 'aggressive', but I do like a good pair of spectacles. I got mine in fourth grade too and was also rather enthusiastic about it. I've always found the idea of contact lenses uncomfortable and I'm averse to elective surgeries that involve FIRING FRICKIN' LASERS INTO MY EYES!
zeo1fan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:09 pm Reply with quote
Surrender Artist wrote:
I hadn't realized that Sōbi Yamamoto will be directing this. That actually makes it a good deal more intriguing to me, because while I suspect that she may still be immature as an artist, she's also a little odd, which I consider a virtue, and enthusiastic about animation. I'm not sure how good this well be, but that makes this an interesting project rather than just a strange one.

I think it's cool to see such a young talent get a chance like this, especially in an industry that has a surplus of middle-aged or older men.

Lys wrote:

I've never been that 'aggressive', but I do like a good pair of spectacles. I got mine in fourth grade too and was also rather enthusiastic about it. I've always found the idea of contact lenses uncomfortable and I'm averse to elective surgeries that involve FIRING FRICKIN' LASERS INTO MY EYES!

I think I heard that the young are having a rough go of trying to get into the work force since the old are refusing to retire. Gargantia was actually meant to encourage the young to do their best to break into it. It's a pretty interesting problem for a country to have.
configspace

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:13 pm Reply with quote
Surrender Artist wrote:

Most studio artistic staff are already female.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:20 pm Reply with quote
EastN3 wrote:
.........What? I wear glasses, and I'm still confused about this show.

Its a fetish oriented show for girls.

configspace wrote:
Surrender Artist wrote:

Most studio artistic staff are already female.

I think people would be surprised if they knew how many of the moe and fanservice artists are actually female.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2