• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Your Top 10 / Worst 5 things. Why? (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SinnerTim

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:59 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Tomo and Yukari-sensei are crazy, socially inept lunatics. They just don't carry guns, that's all. But Yukari-sensei's driving is enough to kill plenty of people anyway.

They're not crazy, they're just spastic, which is a pretty common personality type in anime. Sagara is crazy in the literal insanity sense sometimes, he reminds me of Heero Yui from Gundam Wing without the irritating suicidal tendencies.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:10 am Reply with quote
SinnerTim wrote:
They're not crazy, they're just spastic, which is a pretty common personality type in anime. Sagara is crazy in the literal insanity sense sometimes, he reminds me of Heero Yui from Gundam Wing without the irritating suicidal tendencies.

Sousuke's not crazy. He's just been on battlefields from the time he could walk and has never set foot on civilian soil or lived a day of civilian life prior to being enrolled in Jindai High School. He's simply living by the only lifestyle he knows (and doing a good job at living it, at that), which may not fit his surroundings, but is rather understandable given his circumstances.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
SinnerTim

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:29 am Reply with quote
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's just that he's a general lunatic. His social ineptness (is that a word?) is plenty understandable, I'm just saying that given his completely new surroundings, he's pretty nuts. That's what I like about him though.
JustNoOne

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:21 pm Reply with quote
Well i'm new here but i'm starting to watch a lot of anime, and now i have nothing to do, so i joined here!

Animes I Like

5. Bleach: This show is just awsome because there's alot of action and since i'm a typoe of person asking "what happens if we all die guy and where do we end up?" type of guy. So yeah.... (And I like it also because there's some romance! Anime hyper I'm like romance too!)

4. Death Note: It's so awsome! I like it because it's like how to outwit a person kinda anime and it's about using your intellengence! Anime hyper

3. DN Angel: I like this to because it's about ROMANCE and MAGIC! It's very good!

2. Ouran High School Host Club: OMG THIS ANIME PWNS! LOL! I like it because there's a twist and it's about romance and comedy! And a good twist to it too! spoiler[Haha everyone except the club mistakes her as a girl]! LOL! It's animation production is BONES, the same animation production as FullMetal Alchemist! Which is my #1 Anime I like!

1. FullMetal Alchemist: This anime ROCKS! I love science type of anime, not like ZOIDS where it's robots... So much comedy and there romance too Anime smallmouth And then the climax starts! O.o I love this anime

Animes I Dislike

5. Prince of Tennis: I just don't like it because it's mostly about sports

4. Beyblade: [EDIT: You'll need more than just two words. See Teh Rules. ~Zalis]

3. Duel Master: Besides the comedy it sucks and like a cheap copy of Yu-Gi-Oh

2. SD Gundam Force: I hate it, to me it's like brainwasing kids to shoot cars and kill. Don't ask why I'm like that

1. Dragon Ball Z: I hate it so much because it brainwashed my little cousin and now he's gone out of control and think he's a king and thinking he never wrong about anything and people should serve him and when ever no one listens, he usually hits them and then he also hurts himself, and he's just 6! HOLY COW! For god's sake he needs a chill pill!

I'm Done!
slernon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:16 am Reply with quote
My top ten

1. X TV- I found this to be a very interesting story. It had good action scenes that were fluid and weren't dragged out at all. The story line was excellent and the losses each side has are by meaningful characters that have them die for a purpose over than to merely have them off the show. Also i found the ending to be one of the best ones i've seen.

2. Black Lagoon- I just found this to be one of the most riveting shows i've seen. The action was awesome, the characters were fleshed out and so damn cool, and the show actually tied itself to reality through bringing up events that have happened recently. In addition to them trying to branch out to other languages, although it wasn't pretty sometimes, I thought it was a gritty and exciting show.

3. Hellsing OAV- The way hellsing was meant to seen.

4. One Piece- A fun show that was butchered horribly by 4kids a crime that I will never forgive them for. A bit repetitive at times, but when the show hits its high notes its awesome.

5. Zero no Tsukaima- I simply really enjoyed this one. Maybe it was the male lead not being a complete dork/weakling, perverted idiot or a steroid raging meathead a la DBZ. Maybe it was the humor. Either way I was a big fan.

6. Haruhi- The title is too long to write out but I found this show to be incredibly original, entertaining and i'm glad they're making a 2nd season of it.

7. GTO- A classic that features probably one of the greatest leads in anime. My only problem was the bogus ending that had him disappear to California.

8. Midori no Hibi- Yes its incredibly strange. Still I enjoyed it more than most and I found the ending scene to be one of the better love confessions in anime.

9. Gungrave- The start was a bit slow but once you got to the meat of the show it was gripping and exciting.

10. Twelve Kingdoms- An excellent show that they never completely finished. What happened to Taiki? Either way it was great just wished they had tied up the loose ends.

The 5 worst

1. TIE MD Geist and MD Giest 2- Truly horrid and I mean that. Only thing this poorly animated and surreal gorefest did right was have everyone die off so they couldnt make anymore. it had the following: all characters that were a hybrid of down syndrome and generic DBZ henchmen? check. A lead character who had no purpose over than kill people and robots? check. An overdose on exploding heads, eyeballs shooting out of their skulls and totally pointless gore? check. These two have nothing redeeming about them. NO storyline, NO character development, NO good action scenes, and NO plot. It was so bad a US company (Yes Japan gave up on it!) had to bankroll the 2nd one that was made for a Japanese audience before being sent over the states.

2. Escaflowne the Movie- boring and the characters were all unlikable. They turned one of the better shows into a terrible movie and did so flawlessly. They really couldnt have made it worse without making the artwork as bad as the rest of it.

3. Dragonball GT- I saw only a few to realize this was a laugher. I saw Goku forced to play a board game in another dimension for a few episodes until he discovered he couldn't win since the die(???) was the bad guy's son. The other episode i saw was a bad guy dying due to him eating one of the good guys who after a while decided he was bored in the guys stomach and planned to give him some "indigestion" as the show so cunningly put it. Yeah its bad.

4. He is my Master- I watched only the 1st half of the 1st episode before I realized this was junk. I hated every character introduced and the concept was numbingly stupid. After seeing what others subjected themselves too i'm glad I bailed.

5. Final Approach- pure crap with a jerkoff for a female lead and a incest driven male lead.

Tinnguyen123

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:55 pm Reply with quote
first i have to say is booooo to the first post.. DRAGON BALL Z does not suck!!! it made me cry that it end.. so boooooooo you first poster....

1. Fate-stay night - probabably #1 because its the latest anime i just watch that was good.. its FLIPING awesome teaches u a little about ancient warrior.. spoiler[like "king author" <=== he's a she... and it got gilgamesh + hercules and many more mythical warrior..]
2. Ichigo 100% - i just like these kinda anime.. love anime where the dude have to choose between girls..
3. Shuffle - samething as ichigo..
4. Suzuka - real life romance..
5. Elfen Lie - killing machine who at the end has a heart and fell inlove...
i got muchhhhhhh more.. just dont remeber right now.. ex: trigun, pokemon, gunxsword, trinity blood, genader, Very Happy

"worse anime"
1. all the gundam series.. >.< so much machine i couldnt keep up..
2. naruto and bleach - these anime "were good" but its too long..
3. The Super Milk-chan - i dont even get wth this anime is..
4. Samurai Champloo - i dotn get this anime either.. so ugh.. why does this girl team up with some weird ass samurai who wana kill each other.. and the "sunflower" samurai thing is just weird..
5. Hamtaro - ok this anime is just weird..

[Edited for spoilers. --Nagi]
hiddenryuu

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:33 am Reply with quote
Favorites:

1. Scrapped Princess: A well written, piece of work, most characters were pretty deep and carefully planned out personalities. To top it off, it's one of the few series that pulled Sci-Fantasy off perfectly.

2. SHnY: Very unique way of presenting things. Characters that are typical, yet, very atypical at the same time, fun. The storyline made fun of some of the known cliche and still was able to pull a refreshing twists.

3. Utawareumono: Yea, I'm kinda biased, I like the style, the story, but to be perfectly honest... it's not the best of the best, I just really enjoyed this series, even though there was some lackluster things about it, like plot moving too fast for great characterization.

4. Kanon/Air: Both has great cast of characters, solid storyline (even though its a little similar) But I can't bring myself to give it higher than 4 cause of how awesomely depressing the series are. I haven't even brought myself to watch Air the 2nd time yet.

5. GIT:SAC: Very philosphical, a little slow in the beginning, but it unfolded into a great series, the character are likable, and the plot was deep, but not too deep so people can't understand it.

Honorable mentions:

Shana: I really like this series, really...but I can't bring myself to place it on the top 10, it just ...let me down after like eps 10. I feel they wasted so much potential with this one. I think it's the characters and the designs which keep me coming back.

Nanoha (and A's): A guilty pleasure, even though it's magical girl, I love it, the underlying tones of friendship, trust and who can forget cool magic attacks! (Even though the loliness does make me a little uneasy, woot for StrikerS having grown up versions). Overall a great series, with a couple of dark moments...

Worst:

1. Grappler Baki: You gotta at least have a plot and character for me to even start to watch it. This had neither. The character designs were lackluster (All that chunky big muscle doesn't not make it any better) and really bad battles (IMHO).

2. Divergence Eve: All the fanservice in the world can't save this series, it doesn't get any better, it doesn't have anything to do with anything. Just girls with big and bigger boobs walking around.

3. Dragon Ball Z: Don't get the pitchforks and torches out yet. I just kinda though after Dragon Ball, Z was a dissipointment, like they threw out all the plot in favor of action , and long drawn out fight scenes.

4. Magic Knights Rayearth: Yea..I know I'm gonna get it for listing this here. It felt that the series didn't motivate me to watch more. It just got ... dry before I can give it a chance at all.

5. Soul Link: What drew me to the show is the art style wasn't bad. But never before have I seen a more worthless cast of characters, all the cast execpt like 2 had no reason to be in the show, you can take them out and still have the story mostly in tact. What a dissipointment.

Well, don't hurt me too bad if your favorites ended up in the worst... remember in the end...it's all personal taste!
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:02 am Reply with quote
1) Trigun
- A cool idea, I've always liked Westerns, I've always liked Anime, mix em and youve got a great show. The SciFi element was neat too and it really started to kick in just as the Western aspects were getting boring. Nice little bits of humor, good action but an interesting story as well. I liked Vashs deilema over not wanting to kill people. It seemed believeable unlike in other Animes in which I've found similar plots just annoying.

2) Cowboy Bebop + Movie
- I was amazed at how much I liked this show even though it contained none of the elements I usually prefer in Anime. I generally dislike shows without a developing plot, this had just enough to keep you interested but still pull off the seperate unrelated episodes. The charcters were unique and interesting even though there were only 4 of em though that actually worked well cause they just foucused on them and didn't waste time on supporting characters who end up sorta dissapearing as the series goes on anyway.

3) FFVII Advent Children
- I enjoyed this and I've never even played FFVII. Why? Because the story and characters were irrelevant. This was simply the best Action and nicest Animation I've ever seen. It was like, Idunno who that guy was exactly but boy that was cool! That probly would have gotten old over a series but in a hour and a half movie it was fine.

4) Gundam SEED
- A bit slow but if you get into it its excelent. Great character development but also good action and cool mecha.

5) Fate/Stay Night
- A neat concept, summoning legendary warriors to fight as servants. Beautiful Animation. The main character was a little dull.

6) Full Metal Alchemist
- The funny thing is I didn't even really get into it until about half way through. It had it all, original concept, deep story, great action, decent animation, a wide range of excelent characters. Thanks to this Anime I failed Chemistry class. I think, Chemistry...Alchemy...FMA...And im out for the rest of the class.

7) X
- Nice animation, some nice fights. A great story with good characters. Just generally well done.

8) Gundam: 08th MS Team
- I like mecha series but this is one that doesnt fit the category. More like a military show or something. It was nice to be able to watch without having to "suspend my disbelief" for once.

9) Desert Punk
- Idunno about the Sub but the Dub was Hilarious. Immature, but Hillarious. The characters were entertaining and likeable even though almost none of em were actually good.

10) Basilisk
- Great cast of characters. Cool fights and abilities. There was a plot but it was relatively simple which allowed for more character development. It was a little depressing at times but that was kinda fitting.

I dont know if there's anything I blatantly disliked. There are some things I've had issues with though so Ill mention those.

Neon Genisis Evangelion - I actually liked the series up until the last 3 episodes. An entire series of building and developing the plot and then finally you get to the end and youre expecting some kind of conclusion and awnsers to what the hell has been going on exactly aaaaaaannnndddd..........nada. It kinda ruined the whole series for me.

Dragon Ball GT - DBZ was the series that got me into Anime in the first place. Idunno maybe it was just that I was too old to enjoy this by the time I saw it but man did it suck. It had all the same aspects that people complain about in DBZ but none of the upsides.
darkinusgurl

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:40 pm Reply with quote
I like this subject! I'll also include the reason.

Top 10 Favorite Anime:

1. InuYasha: There's just something about it that I love--it's addicting. I love the story,plot,and characters (although I personally despise Kikyo). I can miss an episode and still be able to figure out the storyline.

2.Kodocha(Sana's Stage): I found it absolutely hilarious! Sana's someone that I'd be best friend's with. I adored the characters and the character transformations (Akito in cheetah form anyone?) The storyline was also very cool--I got so into it that my eyes temporarily foze after 26 episodes. lol

3.Trinity Blood: I adore vampires,especially hot ones *cough*Abel*cough*. It too had a great story,but I hate the fact that it's so short. *sighs* It's great though--great characters,good storyline,etc. I love it. *smiles*

4.Bleach: It's awesome!! My friend Angel got me and my buddies HOOKED on it. The characters are a riot and I love the story and plot. Not to mention the awesome music and random moments. Gah! I'm blasting "Life is Like A Boat" as I type. *sweat drop*

5.Bible Black: Yet another short anime--this one really wierd. Angel also got me hooked on this one. It had its "wtf?!" moments,but that's what I liked about it. I'm if this sounds odd or whatever,but I find it hilarious that the halfie has a bigger " lil buddy" than the main character. lol

6.Naruto: Now I admit that it may be a little too long,but it has its good points. Hot characters that're either funny or that you could relate to them. I loved the music--"kanashimi wo yasashisa ni (sp)" , "go!!!" , and "haruka kanata" being my faves. It also had an awesome plot that had me hooked. Sadly, the English version SUCKS! *tear tear*

7.Fruits Basket: I love it! Kyo is my favorite character (followed closely by Aya,Gure,Haru, and Momiji). I loved everything about it and it's so very hard for me to explain(hey,I'm a girl so sue me!).

8.Sailor Moon: I have to give it up to a classic. I loved it so much when I was a little kid(even though it was in English). I'm still crazy about it. Need I say more?

9.Rave Master: I like it because it was so damn funny--especially Ploo! It also had its tender moments(Haru and Ellie mostly) and I like the plot a lot.

10.Shinzo: I don't know if many people know about it,but...oh well. I love the characters (MUSHRA!! and MUSHRAMBO!!). lol Gomen!! I don't really know why I liked it....I just did. *laughs*

5 Least Favorite Anime:

1.Super Milk-chan Show: GAH!! Just too random and stupid for my tastes.

2.Pokemon: I loved it....when I was 6 or 7 years old. I'm sorry,but it needs to DIE already!!

3.Reign the Conquerer: Badly drawn people wearing codpieces *shivers*. Pretty creepy...*sweat drop*

4.Cardcaptor Sakura: Now don't get me wrong--I love CCS,but the English version was butchered because there was yaoi(Toya and Yukito) and some other things that Americans rather not let their kids know..

5.Megaman NT Warrior: Last time I checked, wheren't Megaman and Roll brother and sister?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Levitz9

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:44 am Reply with quote
1. Chobits
Okay, lemme be honest....I like the ecchi momets in Chobits. Also, I feel like I can connect with Hideki. It also deals with a lot of real-life issues, namely, people getting addicted to the internet. And I love the romance in it, too.

2. Buso Renkin
Okay, the first volume is okay. The second is really slow...and the third feels like some other manga, in a good way--it's hilarious. It's a real shift from Ruroni Kenshin, as it's the same manga-ka. I just love the artwork for the weapons.

3. Black Cat
I don't know...Train, Sven, and Eve are just such innertly cool characters for me! And Eve's powers are cool...(wings...Anime smile).

4. X/1999
The artwork is beautiful. The characters are loveable. The fights leave you breathless. The ending is a tear-jerker. AND IT'S A SHOUJO. It's just plain awesome to me.

5. xxxHOLiC
Another CLAMP manga? Anime smile I dunno...it's got this air to it...it's so funny, but it has so many social themes in it.......it's just so....attractive!

6. GetBackers
I pay only 10% attention to the fanservice. The mix of comedy and action are what make this story awesome.

7. Lunar Legend Tsukihime
Arcueid is beautiful, and I find the story to be gripping. But that's just me.

8. Eatman
Hey, this is awesome....guy eats gun, guy makes bigger gun, guy lays waste to enemy. Simple fun, but cool. A little similar to King of Bandit Jing with the 'girl'-thing, though...

9. Soul Hunter
I find it more funny that action-y. But that's why I like it. Naza and Thunderbolt are just plain cool.

10. R.O.D
I'm a bookworm by nature. And I find Yomuko attractive. 'Nuff said.
I hate these...

1. Agent Aika
Rampant fanservice three steps from becoming hentai. I wish the guy who made it rots in hell.

2. Battle Vixens
The same reasons as the TC. It's just fanservice with a plot thrown in. What's worse, my friend is ADDICTED to it.

3. Naruto
Same as TC. People are really just giving it too much credit. It's original, but to a point, yet everyone's going 'OMG, SASKAY!!' like they all were Sakura.

4. Sailor Moon
Don't get me wrong--it's the way that the US screwed it up that I hate. If I could see it the way it was SUPPOSED to be, then maybe I'd like it...I mean, I'm a Tuxedo Mask fan. So this is more of a localization issue. I still don't know if I could stomache Serena's airheadedness.

5. Wolf's Rain
I wanted to like it...but I find it so dull. I dunno....
Nagisa

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:55 am Reply with quote
Levitz9 wrote:
4. X/1999
The artwork is beautiful. The characters are loveable. The fights leave you breathless. The ending is a tear-jerker. AND IT'S A SHOUJO. It's just plain awesome to me.

X wasn't a shoujo. It was non-gender specific. Just because it was CLAMP does not automatically make it a shoujo title. I mean heck, they've done some things in their time that could be considered pretty darn shounen, too (Chobits, for example). Razz

Levitz9 wrote:
The same reasons as the TC.

Er...what's "TC?"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Levitz9

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:56 pm Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
Levitz9 wrote:
4. X/1999

X wasn't a shoujo. It was non-gender specific. Just because it was CLAMP does not automatically make it a shoujo title. I mean heck, they've done some things in their time that could be considered pretty darn shounen, too (Chobits, for example). Razz

Levitz9 wrote:
The same reasons as the TC.

Er...what's "TC?"

I'm not classifying it by stereotype--it's a shoujo. The manga volumes of X/1999, which I've bought, have the word 'shoujo' stamped on. I mean nothing against CLAMP, as they're my favorite manga-ka.

TC is short for 'Topic Creator'--the guy who made the first post.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:05 pm Reply with quote
Levitz9 wrote:
I'm not classifying it by stereotype--it's a shoujo. The manga volumes of X/1999, which I've bought, have the word 'shoujo' stamped on. I mean nothing against CLAMP, as they're my favorite manga-ka.

If you're referring to Viz's English volumes, I wouldn't trust their word as far as I could throw them. English-language manga and anime publishers tend to get a bit...flighty and flaky with the use of fan terminology like "shounen," "shoujo," "yaoi," "yuri," etc. Oftentimes they'll slap a label on something to draw attention to it just because it kiiinda matches an art style or could conceivably be marketed towards a certain demographic, or because the artist has done a work of a certain genre in the past, despite the fact that such was probably not the original intent. FUNimation's approach to Negima!, for example, putting it in their shoujo-y "FUNi Girl" line.
Reaper_Of_Souls

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:10 pm Reply with quote
Hmm my top 10 animes? Toughy

1) Dragon Ball Z: This is what got me into anime, like the plot and the powers, plus people are always blowing up lol

2) Gundam Wing: This followed DBZ and was my first taste of mecha, I loved the design and plot, too bad it's off the air...

3) Escaflowne(Or how ever you spell it) I considered this old school Gundam, same basic design but scalled down A LOT still good

4)Gundam 8th MS team: Haven't watched very long but it seems realer then most gundam

5) gundam SEED Destiny: I LOVE This gundam serise, but it doesn't match up to Wing and 8th.

6) Gundam Seed/FMA/Dragon ball: All three are tied, can't choose over, sorry Sad

Dislikes:

1) Sailor moon: I'm sorry, but this is just wierd, only thing it had going for it was the outfits

2) Dragon Ball GT: Ruined a good serise!

3) SD gundam force: Not sure if it's anime but its close and a disgrace to gundam!
Nagisa

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:19 pm Reply with quote
Reaper_Of_Souls wrote:
3) Escaflowne(Or how ever you spell it) I considered this old school Gundam,

Except that Escaflowne is neither Gundam nor old school. For it to be considered "old school," especially old school Gundam, it'd've had to have been made in the 80s or earlier, not the mid-90s. And for it to be Gundam, it'd've had to have had...yeah...Gundams, and human political conflict, and all that gab.

Reaper_Of_Souls wrote:
5) gundam SEED Destiny: I LOVE This gundam serise, but it doesn't match up to Wing and 8th.

So, why exactly do you like Destiny?

Reaper_Of_Souls wrote:
6) Gundam Seed/FMA/Dragon ball: All three are tied, can't choose over, sorry Sad

Given that you only have six spots in a top ten filled, you can easily give separate entries to each of these and provide sufficient explanations for them.

Reaper_Of_Souls wrote:
1) Sailor moon: I'm sorry, but this is just wierd, only thing it had going for it was the outfits

So, why was it weird?

Reaper_Of_Souls wrote:
2) Dragon Ball GT: Ruined a good serise!

How?

Reaper_Of_Souls wrote:
3) SD gundam force: Not sure if it's anime but its close and a disgrace to gundam!

How is it a disgrace to Gundam? Is it disgraceful that there be a Gundam for all age groups? Adults have Universal Century, teenagers and pre-teens have SEED, why can't younger children have a Gundam of their own?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 51 of 122