• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Do you prefer to buy anime New or Used?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you prefer to buy anime New or Used
Spambots be trollin, yo
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Only New
35%
 35%  [ 44 ]
Only Used
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
A Combination (sometimes new, sometimes used)
58%
 58%  [ 72 ]
Other
4%
 4%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 124

Jon182

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:29 am Reply with quote
I’ve only bought new anime for whatever reason. I guess I like the idea of unwrapping a gift to myself...man that sounds really sad. Why do I never get anime? It’s always socks or underwear. Razz
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:00 pm Reply with quote
Ggultra2764 wrote:
I normally buy both new and used, whatever is easier for me to afford. If I buy used, I only buy whatever is in Very Good condition or better.

Sums my vote up pretty well. I tend to wait for most series until they hit sales or bargain bin at TRSI. I'll watch them online first and then wait for sales when buying. I grew up in the 2-3 month between releases VHS days so waiting is no big thing for me. So those are obviously going to be new copies, and those make up the bulk of my collection. Also bought new when I worked at Suncoast because I got a sweet ass 35% discount on all dvds. Made buying box sets and singles back then much easier. Also got 40% off cd's which included special orders such as all my anime OST's. More savings.

I don't mind buying used and have several in my collection. When I buy used though they HAVE to be in very good condition. In most cases I want to actually see the discs first before purchase but with a few titles I have bought used online. If the title doesn't say very good to great condition I don't even waste my time. if when I get them I see a bunch of scratches they are getting returned. Once had a 3 month long debate with a guy on Ebay over a used anime series. Two of the discs were very badly scratched so I sent them back to him and wanted a refund. He didn't want to and tried to say all sales were final blah blah. Got eBay involved and after some reports and arbitration got my refund.
ZeroXSword

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:15 pm Reply with quote
I prefer New, but not completely against Used. I only get used if it's in good condition and i get a good deal. Or if New is unreasonably expensive, i'll go with Used. I just love having something in perfect condition.
CarnivalCorpse

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:19 pm Reply with quote
Whether its anime or not, all my DVDs have to be bought brand new, especially if its a online purchase. If I could see the product and knew it was in mint condition I would be open to buying used.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Polls All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3