• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Click - March 7th - March 16th

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ManOfRust

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:47 pm Reply with quote
LordByronius wrote:
I believe I've mentioned before my reasoning for ignoring smaller channels and networks that significantly feature anime; their relatively tiny viewer base for one, and the plain-sighted obviousness of anime being on an "Anime Network" for two.

Actually, I had kind of wondered about that. I get AZN, which is always showing some older anime or another and figured you didn't list them because even they seem to have difficulty providing reliable scheduling information about their own shows. But it makes sense that you can't dig up listings for obscure networks. As one of the 6 people that actually watches AZN, though, I can keep hoping. Anime smallmouth

I'm looking forward to Blood+, having read so much about it on the forums here. I hope it lives up to the hype.
Canuckian

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:32 pm Reply with quote
Dude, what's with the absence of Beck Mongolian Chop Squad on MuchMusic(in Canada) from the list? Especially since tonight in 2.5 Hours a Marathon of the first 5 Episodes will air.
Calathan
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:06 am Reply with quote
ManOfRust wrote:
LordByronius wrote:
I believe I've mentioned before my reasoning for ignoring smaller channels and networks that significantly feature anime; their relatively tiny viewer base for one, and the plain-sighted obviousness of anime being on an "Anime Network" for two.

Actually, I had kind of wondered about that. I get AZN, which is always showing some older anime or another and figured you didn't list them because even they seem to have difficulty providing reliable scheduling information about their own shows. But it makes sense that you can't dig up listings for obscure networks. As one of the 6 people that actually watches AZN, though, I can keep hoping. Anime smallmouth

I'm looking forward to Blood+, having read so much about it on the forums here. I hope it lives up to the hype.

I also watch AZN and wish that there was a good schedule for their shows. Their own schedule on their site is regularly wrong, so there isn't much you can do to see what will be on. The schedule listed on my digital cable is usually more acurate, but not always, and you can only see a few days in advance anyway.
MasterYeshua

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:46 am Reply with quote
Calathan wrote:
ManOfRust wrote:
LordByronius wrote:

I also watch AZN and wish that there was a good schedule for their shows. Their own schedule on their site is regularly wrong, so there isn't much you can do to see what will be on. The schedule listed on my digital cable is usually more acurate, but not always, and you can only see a few days in advance anyway.

What is AZN? What anime does it feature?
Josh7289

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:18 am Reply with quote
Blood+. Actually. Wasn't. Bad. It really surprises me that I can say that, since I disliked Hellsing and had no interest in Trinity Blood. I though since I didn't like on of the "best" "vampire shows" (Hellsing), I wouldn't like any others, but it seems I was wrong. I think what puts me off from them is when they start brining in all kinds of stupid catholicism things, which was far more central to the anime in Trinity Blood than in Hellsing, but both had those themes, while Blood+ is absent so far of them.
whoisfriend

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:49 pm Reply with quote
Josh7289 wrote:
Blood+. Actually. Wasn't. Bad. It really surprises me that I can say that, since I disliked Hellsing and had no interest in Trinity Blood. I though since I didn't like on of the "best" "vampire shows" (Hellsing), I wouldn't like any others, but it seems I was wrong. I think what puts me off from them is when they start brining in all kinds of stupid catholicism things, which was far more central to the anime in Trinity Blood than in Hellsing, but both had those themes, while Blood+ is absent so far of them.

You're not going to find any serious biblical refrences in Blood+. They're not really traditional vampires.
CanSomebodySayMedic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:10 pm Reply with quote
who_is_friend wrote:
You're not going to find any serious biblical refrences in Blood+. They're not really traditional vampires.

i say....

anyways, "CIA ops?"
dude, if u wanna make fun of 'Riders, please be more simplistic than "CIA ops" it should be written as "Kids Next Door ops, with a giant spider."

--The FZ
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
LordByronius
ANN Columnist

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:02 pm Reply with quote
Canuckian wrote:
Dude, what's with the absence of Beck Mongolian Chop Squad on MuchMusic(in Canada) from the list? Especially since tonight in 2.5 Hours a Marathon of the first 5 Episodes will air.

A gaffe! A simpleminded miscalculation! A grievous error! A mistake, to be sure.

Plus I mean I live as geographically far away from Canada as possible while still being in the United States.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1