• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shelf Life - Tales of Bioboosting

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:54 am Reply with quote
Shocked

Wow, so all the titles are considered Shelf-Worthy? Even Gakuen Heaven?!
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:13 pm Reply with quote
Gakuen Heaven you are soon to be mine. :insert evil laughter here:

but really...all is shelf worthy? And your street sharks link didn't work. That was a really cool show but I always figured that If a shark ever came up out of the ground i'd have to shoot it. What did those people do to fix the streets afterwords? How much would that cost and would pothole insurance cover the damage?

uh right back on track.

Noein...i want to see this. But when Best Buy had it for $13 they were sold out and I haven't thought about it since.

Inuyasha...is there anyone out there who buys the single discs? It just seems to expensive for 3 episodes.

Ramna 1/2 I have yet to buy that. Someday soon hopefully.
Don't mind me i'm bouncing off the walls for some reason....nice column,.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Richard J.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:57 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
Wow, so all the titles are considered Shelf-Worthy? Even Gakuen Heaven?!
Somehow, I think this was a slight glitch.

Bamboo's Review wrote:
For goodness sake, it's about a boy who finds a biosuit and uses it to tear apart Animorphs.
It's entirely possible that only I will get this reference, but oh lord did that give me a heck of a good laugh. That series was a childhood favorite and a series I personally believe would make a great anime series. (Heck, it's even got it's own OVA-style sidestory novels!)

What could be better than an anime about brain sucking parasite's out to conquer the Earth. (Say, did Animorphs come out before Stargate SG-1 or after?)

As for the rest of the review, sadly, I have neither seen any of the content reviewed nor am I interested in any of it right now. I love Inuyasha, and any evil princess who uses bloodsucking bird-lizard things is my kind of lady, but Viz only picks my pocket when they release box sets. (The extras are what gets me. Oh how I love having Kagome's jewelshard necklace!) I only buy singles for 100+ episode series when they're called Kodocha or Case Closed. Funimation does better singles than Viz.

Looking forward to the next column! Keep up the good work!
Faceman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:02 pm Reply with quote
Richard J. wrote:
I love Inuyasha, and any evil princess who uses bloodsucking bird-lizard things is my kind of lady, but Viz only picks my pocket when they release box sets. (The extras are what gets me. Oh how I love having Kagome's jewelshard necklace!) I only buy singles for 100+ episode series when they're called Kodocha or Case Closed. Funimation does better singles than Viz.

I know what you mean. That's why I wait for Right Stuf's Christmas sale to get the Inuyasha sets really cheap. Got Season 2 this past Christmas, and Season 1 the year before. I'm willing to bet they'll offer 3 this year again.

The only 100+ series I have so far on DVD is YuYu Hakusho. And that was all the full-sized boxed set over the 3-4 years they were released. Though I do have all the Ranma 1/2 manga volumes...
ChikaraFire

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:49 pm Reply with quote
looking at the colour coding i think that only Noein is shelf worthy and the rest are rentals and i agree Animorphs would probably make a good anime.

looking forward to the next colomn Smile
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Sorry about that. It was a total glitch, but it's been fixed now.
Karasuhebi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:21 pm Reply with quote
I'm thinking you should ask people to provide higher resolution pictures of their collection, it's really hard to tell what most of those DVDs are, and the whole fun (for me) when looking at other people's collection is seeing what DVDs they have and how they organize them.

Just a thought.
-Karasuhebi
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lenks

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:28 pm Reply with quote
I'm looking at all of these collections and I think to myself, "Are these people ever going to watch all of these again?" Half of those series I wouldn't even bother owning and watching again.
Senna

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:37 pm Reply with quote
Hurray for the Animorphs reference Anime smile

I'm getting pretty excited about Noein--I've only recently gotten the first volume, but what I've seen so far is intriguing.
GATSU

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:03 pm Reply with quote
Sakechan:
Quote:
it played out like a vaguely homosexual One Tree Hill,

What, 300 wasn't gay enough for you? Wink Anyway, what'd you think of Sin City?
fxg97873

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:46 pm Reply with quote
Wow, that collection is amazing but I bet you if that person spent a little less on DVDs they could finally replace their...Beige Mac. Razz
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:21 pm Reply with quote
Wow
When I watched Gakuen Heaven about a month ago, I picked up real quick that
A) Keita's special ability appears to be extreme good luck
and
B) Look at all those flashbacks to his childhood, only it doesn't always appear to be Keita remembering. Do you think maybe the other party is already at the school?

And don't you love all the suggestive bits? Like The King complaining he can't go any longer being forced to continue (paperwork. Aw.) Or the other boy begging the Queen to see it-oh it's so white, can he touch it?-no, he'll get it dirty (teacup)

Of course it's fluff, but it's beautiful fluff. Shinichiro Miki. Toshiyuki Morikawa. Guys never seem to have to explain away their fan-service titles.
teh*darkness

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:30 pm Reply with quote
Lenks wrote:
I'm looking at all of these collections and I think to myself, "Are these people ever going to watch all of these again?" Half of those series I wouldn't even bother owning and watching again.

For me, it's not so much "Will I ever watch this series again?", it's "How many people can I let borrow and enjoy this wonderful series, who otherwise would never buy/watch it?"
That's what I think when I buy DVD's, and in my mind, it makes the price paid less relevant when someone else enjoys something I've paid money for.
It could just be that I'm weird, but that's how I look at it. Smile
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:27 pm Reply with quote
CCSYueh wrote:
Wow
When I watched Gakuen Heaven about a month ago, I picked up real quick that
A) Keita's special ability appears to be extreme good luck

^^; Does that really count as a special ability, though? It mentions fairly early on that Keita's always "been lucky," but that doesn't seem legit. Everyone else has tangible talents-- just being lucky seems like a goofy skill, and more superstition and coincidence than anything else. And luck really shoultn't play a factor in being recruited by a school. I'm clearly being too cynical about it.

Gatsu: I enjoyed Sin City, moreso than 300. They were two very different films, I felt.
yellow-hairedwarrior

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:53 pm Reply with quote
As much as Rosyna loves anime, she also loves the Simpsons! Kudos! Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3