• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Clannad to become TV anime

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:00 pm Reply with quote
Hey its Orgasmo Animation again. So much for Haruhi Season 2 in 2007 everybody.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:02 pm Reply with quote
Bah, I can wait! Now since I have nothing to refer off of Clannad, the surprise factor will make it enjoyable.
Splitter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:04 pm Reply with quote
If this is the price I pay for waiting another year for Haruhi's second coming, so be it!

THE KEY TRINITY IS COMPLETE! REJOICE!!!
Iwatch2muchanime

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:07 pm Reply with quote
It IS finished, I've been waiting for this one and I've known about it for a little while so YES!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:12 pm Reply with quote
Splitter wrote:

There's Tomoyo After ~It's a Wonderful Life~ as a spinoff of Clannad.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:13 pm Reply with quote
Clannad is the name of an excellant Irish folk rock band that has been making brilliant albums since the early 70's. If anyone has heard of Enya, she is the baby sister of the family that are Clannad's musicians and vocals, so when I saw this title I was confused as to why an Irish folk rock band was being made into an anime. Silly ol me! Smile
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:14 pm Reply with quote
Splitter wrote:
If this is the price I pay for waiting another year for Haruhi's second coming, so be it!

But there's still Planetarian that's needs to be adapted as well. Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop

Of course since that is actually a "kinetic" novel, it seems more ideal to make an OVA series out of it. And not to mention the character designs is done by a different person.
Akukaze

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:17 pm Reply with quote
Splitter wrote:

Really it's more of a Key/Tactics (all of the original Key members were originally part of a company called Tactics) quartet along with ONE being the first. Maybe KyoAni will animate that next year as part of it's tenth anniversary...

Anyrate, holy flippin' crap, I couldn't be more excited for this. *_* Between the TV series, the movie, and Little Busters coming out in July, this is gonna be an awesome year for Key.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Mirrinus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:25 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I've always thought it was a quartet of visual novels, if you count ONE, which was still technically made by pretty much the same people. They fit a nice cycle of seasons:

Autumn - ONE
Winter - Kanon
Spring - Clannad
Summer - Air
Jedi General

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:55 pm Reply with quote
Awesome. I really like Air and Kanon (2006), so I'm sure it will be the same with Clannad. I can't wait.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
rankothefiremage

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:09 pm Reply with quote
Kaioshin_Sama wrote:
Hey its Orgasmo Animation again. So much for Haruhi Season 2 in 2007 everybody.

Same with needing to wait longer for the next FMP, as much as i like cute stuff i still like FMP more than anything else.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:17 pm Reply with quote
Splitter wrote:

Hallelujah!!

Actually, I was expecting this. After the success of AIR and the revival of Kanon, not making Clannad into an anime would have been the most moronic business decision ever. So it was really a given that this would happen.

darkchibi07 wrote:
But there's still Planetarian that's needs to be adapted as well. Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop

Of course since that is actually a "kinetic" novel, it seems more ideal to make an OVA series out of it. And not to mention the character designs is done by a different person.

Oh yah, Planetarian is begging for an OVA. So is Narcissu, now that we're talking kinetic novels, but that's a whole different story.

- abunai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:32 pm Reply with quote
abunai wrote:
not making Clannad into an anime would have been the most moronic business decision ever. So it was really a given that this would happen.

I have a feeling that statement can be easily countered with both logical and illogical examples. I can't think of anything off the top of my head, but I'm sure I can think of something. Razz
Digi Angel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:57 pm Reply with quote
Wow, I was expecting this, but not THIS soon! I figured KyoAni would at least wait until after the release of the movie, now I don't have to worry about spoiling the effect by seeing the movie before the series. If this pushes back the release of Haruhi 2, then I guess that's a price I'm willing to pay. Well since they've already brought to life part of my prophecy, now they just need to do Planetarian.

abunai wrote:

So is Narcissu, now that we're talking kinetic novels, but that's a whole different story.

N... Narcissu! Shocked Now THAT I want to see!

Well, not too long ago I actually said I would sell my soul to KyoAni if/when they do their own version of Clannad... so I guess I'm off to do that now.
zalas

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:03 pm Reply with quote
Mirrinus wrote:
Yeah, I've always thought it was a quartet of visual novels, if you count ONE, which was still technically made by pretty much the same people. They fit a nice cycle of seasons:

Autumn - ONE
Winter - Kanon
Spring - Clannad
Summer - Air

Except that ONE starts at the end of November and continues through April.

By the way, why is there vintage information on the ANN encyclopedia entry? The show has no known broadcast date as far as I know... March 20, 2007 is the date when there will be more information available and where was it mentioned that October was the airing date?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3