• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Aria Reprints Attack on Titan Shōjo Prologue After It Sells Out

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:03 am Reply with quote
Haha, well I did hear it had sold out quickly but this is the first time I've heard of a magazine reprinting a chapter in the next issue. Anime hyper

It was short, but man oh man is Levi hawtttttt. *____* Really looking forward to when they get to the main story.
pykrete

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:55 am Reply with quote
Speaking of out of stock.

Volume 11 (reg. edition) is still out of stock at Amazon Japan. And now, so is Volume 10.
GrayArchon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:37 pm Reply with quote
GokuMew2 wrote:
Haha, well I did hear it had sold out quickly but this is the first time I've heard of a magazine reprinting a chapter in the next issue. Anime hyper

IIRC, the final chapter of Fullmetal Alchemist ended up being printed for three issues straight.
Sarukah

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:27 pm Reply with quote
Pfff, the best part is that its only 12 pages. And only a few of them even have anything to read in them.
shiranehito

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:54 pm Reply with quote
Somehow the title of this article is kind of misleading.
I almost thought of "The prologue of shoujo version of Attack on Titan" if I hadn't knew about it.

Isn't it better written as "Shoujo Magazine Aria Reprints Attack on Titan Prologue"?
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:58 pm Reply with quote
I think the depressing thing is that previous fans of the magazine are given the short end of the stick. I know I would be PISSEED AS HELL if my newest chapter of Zettai Karen Children was taken away from me by rabid AOT fans who can't share. I'm almost positive that more than one female fan purchased multiple copies, as this is unfortunately what happens in such situations...

I think it's unfair that they're like, "Oh, you poor things, we'll reprint the prologue chapter for you~" and then to other fans of the magazine they're like "Tough shit. We're not reprinting the issue. You get nothing."
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:08 pm Reply with quote
GrayArchon wrote:
IIRC, the final chapter of Fullmetal Alchemist ended up being printed for three issues straight.

Really? That's pretty amazing. Kind of funny because the only FMA volume I have is the last one. ^^;; Though I suppose it had something to do with getting a bonus when you showed them the book at the theater when going to watch the movie.
bigivel

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:28 pm Reply with quote
GokuMew2 wrote:

It was short, but man oh man is Levi hawtttttt. *____* Really looking forward to when they get to the main story.

The final chapter of Evangelion was reprinted in the next issue of the magazine too.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:49 pm Reply with quote
It seems that Attack on Titan must be wildly popular for its copies of its manga to sell out so incredibly fast. I don't think I've ever heard of another title whose manga sold out as fast as AoT.

mewpudding101 wrote:
I think the depressing thing is that previous fans of the magazine are given the short end of the stick. I know I would be PISSEED AS HELL if my newest chapter of Zettai Karen Children was taken away from me by rabid AOT fans who can't share. I'm almost positive that more than one female fan purchased multiple copies, as this is unfortunately what happens in such situations...

I wonder how that's the case? Perhaps the publishing company just didn't print enough copies in time?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1