• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hajime no Ippo Rising TV Anime's Cast, Staff Announced

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:01 am Reply with quote
Looks decent. I hope this will be adapted well~
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:59 pm Reply with quote
Still curious who they'll use to replace Utsumi as Coach Kamogawa. But whoever does the music this time will make or break the series, for me.
vashna

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:46 pm Reply with quote
Out of curiosity, who would you like to see do the music for this sort of production? Did you have anyone in particular in mind?
thekingsdinner

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:07 am Reply with quote
It'd be great if Tsuneo Imahori returns to do the music, but I think that's very unlikely Sad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Majin Tenshi

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:54 am Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
Still curious who they'll use to replace Utsumi as Coach Kamogawa. But whoever does the music this time will make or break the series, for me.

Good point, i am guessing one of the veteran seiyuu from the 70s or 80s.

Sigh! I wish if someone re-license the first series and release the 2nd and 3rd season with the specials as well Sad
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:21 pm Reply with quote
vashna wrote:
Out of curiosity, who would you like to see do the music for this sort of production? Did you have anyone in particular in mind?

Anybody with a better personality for a rock-based soundtrack. Hirano does some excellent stuff with traditional orchestral work. But at this point, I'd probably vote for Shiro Sagisu. He struck a pretty good balance in the Bleach soundtrack between goofy, tender, and ass-kicking.

Heck, maybe even a new guy that just happened to work with Imahori or Seatbelts that isn't a mainstream composer yet would work.
vashna

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:14 am Reply with quote
Bleach had some areas where there were some things that were surprisingly funky to me. I wouldn't expect funk in a series like that, so it was a pleasant surprise. I really liked Shiro Sagisu's way back in Ushio and Tora, so I think you might really be onto something with that selection.
Rokk3000

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:22 pm Reply with quote
I managed to buy Geneon's two set release of the first series and movie just before they shut down. I have two different fansubs of the Mashiba vs Kimura ova and I think saw the Boxer's Fist special once but can't find it. New Challenger was good, and so far the first two episodes of Rising look good as well. I haven't read the manga; Does Rising pick up where New Challenger left off, or did they skip some chapters?

At any rate, i'd be happy if the ova, spcial and NC were licensed, but it won't happen, because sports animes just do not do well in North America. Geoneon failed, Funimation failed, and I really don't Sentai will risk even a subbed-only dvd release of Ippo or any other sports anime unless they got the license for dirt cheap. Even then, their best bet would be streaming or web release, which has minimal cost; they would just have to pay for translation and then the steaming costs.
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:40 pm Reply with quote
Rokk3000 wrote:
I haven't read the manga; Does Rising pick up where New Challenger left off, or did they skip some chapters?
It's been a while since I read them, but...

The last episode of New Challenger ends with Kamogawa getting the challenge from Shimabukuro, and the first episode of Rising starts with the fight, so it's pretty much the next chapter. The anime does skip a story arc about Kamogawa in his younger days, where he fights Dankichi and Neko-whatever and some of the other coaches immediately after the war. But those chapters came immediately after the Brian Hawk fight. I think I've read rumors that the story will become a special or OVA during Rising's run.

Edit: Oh wait, it looks like the Hawk fights only ends in the penultimate episode. So, those missing chapters are basically in the last episode and a half of New Challenger.
Majin Tenshi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:00 am Reply with quote
Majin Tenshi wrote:
Tony K. wrote:
Still curious who they'll use to replace Utsumi as Coach Kamogawa. .

Good point, i am guessing one of the veteran seiyuu from the 70s or 80s.

Well my guess was right as that Shozu Izuka (heart from Hokuto no Ken) is voicing the character who is a decent replacement and a veteran seiyuu from the 70s as well.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1