• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Majestic Prince Sequel Not Yet Green-Lit

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kevelinu

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:25 pm Reply with quote
I think the Anime was pretty dull, I would not watch season 2.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:33 pm Reply with quote
well I hope one does get green lit. plenty of questions left to be answered.
Ortensia1980

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:23 pm Reply with quote
Here's to hoping that it will get a sequel. I really liked Majestic Prince and would love to see more.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:35 pm Reply with quote
I'm neutral on this. If it gets as season 2, then cool but if not, I wouldn't really mind it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:04 pm Reply with quote
Kevelinu wrote:
seems to be the general consensus overseas but japan loves it
Hellwarden

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:22 pm Reply with quote
I actually really, really, unironically loved Majestic Prince, even at its low points.

Plus, dat sweet mecha action baby.
shi666san

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:27 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
Kevelinu wrote:
seems to be the general consensus overseas but japan loves it

But if they loved it, then wouldn't they buy it? It's sold the least from the spring line-up of mecha.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:34 pm Reply with quote
Like several others in here already, really enjoyed it.

I really hope it happens.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:54 pm Reply with quote
Maybe OVAs or something more manageable are in order.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:24 pm Reply with quote
If strike witches a show pandering to a bunch of pedos that really does not seem to be about anything gets a 3rd season this should at least get a second. Everything decent like Kamisama Dolls, Mysterious Girlfriend, Crime Edge always get the shaft with one season with non ending cliffhangers; while you cobble together a show with little girls, make at least half of them lesbians, and its the greatest thing since sliced bread.

MP is basically a gundam series, and its a lot better than AGE which got 49 episodes so this should at least get another season.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:29 pm Reply with quote
Strike Witches sells more discs and merchandise, a lot of it actually. There's no such thing as "if show X can get it, why can't show Y?". It's not like MJP was a critical darling either.
The Coffee God

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:30 pm Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:
If strike witches a show pandering to a bunch of pedos that really does not seem to be about anything gets a 3rd season this should at least get a second. Everything decent like Kamisama Dolls, Mysterious Girlfriend, Crime Edge always get the shaft with one season with non ending cliffhangers; while you cobble together a show with little girls, make at least half of them lesbians, and its the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Sales wise, Crime Edge bombed unbelievably bad.
So unless the merch sold unbelievably good, there's little hope for that one.
Echo_City

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:40 pm Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:

MP is basically a gundam series, and its a lot better than AGE which got 49 episodes so this should at least get another season.
A spit-fetish show was decent?! TBH I'd describe it with roughly the same words that you used to describe Strike Witches. Not that I disagree with your stance on Strike Witches, I just can't fathom anyone calling the spit show decent. Shocked
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:40 am Reply with quote
Echo_City wrote:
CrownKlown wrote:

A spit-fetish show was decent?! TBH I'd describe it with roughly the same words that you used to describe Strike Witches. Not that I disagree with your stance on Strike Witches, I just can't fathom anyone calling the spit show decent. Shocked

The fact you call it a spit-fetish show leads me to believe you didn't actually watch it.

Nazo no Kanojo X is great, and I have very little patience for high-school romance crap nowadays.
Rederoin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:33 am Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:

Why are you even comparing 2 shows that are made by different people and funded by different companies to each other?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2