• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Posting Artwork

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CosmicRage

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:08 am Reply with quote
I was wondering if ANN will make a section for people to post up artwork at all. I didn't think it was ok to post it in the anime or manga section since it does't pertain to the topic? I am hoping to get into an artist alley next year and would like to see what people think of my work so far. Thanks!
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:29 pm Reply with quote
It would make more sense to create an account at DeviantArt or Pixiv, and then link to the artwork here.

You can do it in the "anime" forum.

-t
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:19 pm Reply with quote
A picture would be okay to post, so long as it adheres to the guidelines stated in "Teh Rules." Particularly: rules 1 (anime-related), 3 (something beyond a list of pictures), and 7 (nothing offensive).

So you can post artwork based on where you think it would better (Anime or Manga), but please try your best to make an actual discussion out of it. Talk about the technique you used, any kind of inspiration, why you decided to draw it, etc.

Simply posting pics or artwork with no effort to talk about them whatsoever is a big no-no, and people will report you for it, which in turn will force me to lock the thread.

Good luck.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1