• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Boys-Love Mag Features Kizuna Creator, FAKE Sequel

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
geishageek

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:20 am Reply with quote
A second season of Fake? This is like the best news ever! I wholeheartedly enjoyed the first series and hopefully the second will be just as good (although many sequel series ::coughcoughgravitationcough cough:: arent as good as the originals.)

And anything by Kizuna's mangaka is awesome in my book. They need to come stateside and fast!
Iritscen

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:01 am Reply with quote
Quote:
an "avaricious magazine for adult maidens,"

Uh..................................... come again? Is that English?
TWXM

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:04 am Reply with quote
"avaricious magazine for adult maidens" This is just my speculation, but the word maiden in japanese is otome, and otome can also mean a female otaku (someone who is obssesed with anime). So maybe that is what was meant. Also the word avarice in english means greedy or to desire.
Julia-the-Great

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:28 am Reply with quote
Oh... my... god... a sequel to FAKE? My all-time favorite shonen ai? My jaw nearly dropped reading that. Although, I have conflicting feelings on this. FAKE had such a... perfect ending, I almost don't think it's right to continue it.
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:37 am Reply with quote
A sequal to Fake? Oh WOW!

Julia-the-Great is right about the conflicting emotions. It did have an excellent ending. But...on the other hand...MORE OF RYO AND DEE!! And hopefully more of Cal and Binky!
kyokun703

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:11 am Reply with quote
Yeah, I have to agree about the conflicting feelings. At first, I was all, "OMG, YAY" and then I was all, "wait, but it ended so nicely!"

I wish they would make a whole FAKE anime series, and not leave it at that OAV that only covered the second manga volume.

Oh well, my fingers are crossed! I loved FAKE; it is my favorite shounen-ai/yaoi manga. Here's hoping for an equally good sequel!
Julia-the-Great

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:20 am Reply with quote
kyokun703 wrote:

I wish they would make a whole FAKE anime series, and not leave it at that OAV that only covered the second manga volume.

I agree, I would actually rather see an anime series than more of the manga. Let's face it, FAKE would make an awesome anime series. Plus, you could make it longer by putting in filler episodes because of the convenience of their occupation.

I almost hope that the sequel deals with new character rather than Ryo and Dee. *shrugs* I guess I'm just not into the whole "Let's make more because it's popular" idea.

Although, I'll admit it, I'll be buying this series regardless...
Iritscen

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:22 pm Reply with quote
TWXM wrote:
"avaricious magazine for adult maidens" This is just my speculation, but the word maiden in japanese is otome, and otome can also mean a female otaku (someone who is obssesed with anime). So maybe that is what was meant. Also the word avarice in english means greedy or to desire.

I didn't know about that second meaning to otome; very interesting. And avaricious does mean greedy, but perhaps as you indicated it is referring here to desire.

So perhaps a translation of their Engrish would be "highly-desired magazine for female otaku"?
Michi
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:51 pm Reply with quote
GASP FAKE SEQUEL GASP.

I wonder if the first volume will be out when I'm in Japan this fall, if it's starting in that magazine now... OOOOH.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
CatzCradle

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:01 am Reply with quote
Hopefully, she'll use her new drawing style like ones in her other Fake extras...

Or are they talking about the same sequel-series? I'm a little confused...
AyumiHamasaki

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:04 pm Reply with quote
This is such a dream come true! I'm a huge fan of FAKE and i'm glad it's being continued. But I just hope they will release this magazine weekly instead of monthly.
FAKE_SPIRIT

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:45 am Reply with quote
Do you think it will get translated? Surprised
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1