• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kamigami no Asobi Female-Oriented Game Gets Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:23 am Reply with quote
May I have a sliver of hope that this'll be somewhat good based on the cast alone?
rahzel rose
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:38 am Reply with quote
Well, I've got a mean masochistic streak when it comes to these things, so I'll probably give it a shot based on the cast alone. Aslo:

Quote:
Loki Leviathan (Masaya Hosoya)

It should be Yoshimasa Hosoya!
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:46 am Reply with quote
Strange that they'd think about this way after the game is already released. Not much coordination.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:58 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
Strange that they'd think about this way after the game is already released. Not much coordination.

It hasn't even been a full 2 months since the game came out.
Banjo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:20 am Reply with quote
the hell is that Laughing
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:48 am Reply with quote
GokuMew2 wrote:
enurtsol wrote:

It hasn't even been a full 2 months since the game came out.

And this anime won't be out till mid next year at best. Ideally, game and anime would come out almost the same time to help each other out, but at least this decision and announcement should had happened even before the game is released, even if the anime would be a bit late. Instead, seems like they made this decision afterwards, which is strange save for games selling gangbusters - their timing won't have that synergic effect.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:56 am Reply with quote
I'll try to be optimistic about this.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:32 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The story revolves around heroine Yui Kusanagi, who is ordered by Zeus (Houchu Ohtsuka), a god and the headmaster of a school he created, to teach the meaning of love to young and handsome gods.

And goddesses, come on, they wouldn't mind.

That would be an awesome premise, if they had both sexes. Wait, I'm thinking of a different genre, aren't I? This is simply pure otome and has no interest in being ... interesting?
Mysticmidnightmaiden

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:41 pm Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:

That would be an awesome premise, if they had both sexes. Wait, I'm thinking of a different genre, aren't I? This is simply pure otome and has no interest in being ... interesting?

I didn't know games had to be interesting to be adapted into anime.

I also didn't know otome games had to cater to everyone, as no one bats an eye when eroge doesn't do the same.
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:15 pm Reply with quote
Mysticmidnightmaiden wrote:

I didn't know games had to be interesting to be adapted into anime.

I also didn't know otome games had to cater to everyone, as no one bats an eye when eroge doesn't do the same.

^THIS. You get at least six-seven male oriented harem shows every season. While girls usually get maybe one. Two if they're lucky.
AkemiLena

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:01 pm Reply with quote
There's an official romanization of the names in the official website http://www.kamiaso.com
Please correct them~
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:36 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
And this anime won't be out till mid next year at best. Ideally, game and anime would come out almost the same time to help each other out, but at least this decision and announcement should had happened even before the game is released, even if the anime would be a bit late. Instead, seems like they made this decision afterwards, which is strange save for games selling gangbusters - their timing won't have that synergic effect.

Can you name any titles that actually followed that kind of schedule?
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:53 pm Reply with quote
GokuMew2 wrote:
enurtsol wrote:

Pokemon for a big one. They time their new games and new anime quite well together, and gets everybody excited for both.

AFAIK, Kamigami isn't selling gangbusters. If Kamigami is good enough to be turned into anime despite not selling gangbusters, then why didn't they decide to do an anime of it before the game was released such that the game and anime could had been released almost the same time and thus help each other out. It's just strange to decide on the anime afterwards, when the game isn't even setting the sales charts on fire. (It's more understandable if a game becomes a hit, then only afterwards they decide to do an anime.) They could've helped each other out which they need the most, instead of being left on their own.
Sakura-Alchemist

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:57 pm Reply with quote
GokuMew2 wrote:
enurtsol wrote:

Diabolik Lovers was about half way done airing when The FD Diabolik Lovers More Blood was released.
Rivailloli

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:38 pm Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:
Quote:
The story revolves around heroine Yui Kusanagi, who is ordered by Zeus (Houchu Ohtsuka), a god and the headmaster of a school he created, to teach the meaning of love to young and handsome gods.

And things aimed at women should have stuff that caters to men in it...why exactly?

It's meant to be interesting to women. Not you. What do typical women find interesting? Men. Nice looking men. Get over it. There's a shit ton of other anime you can get your hot, female characters from.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2