• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - God Bothering

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Freakmasta

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:25 pm Reply with quote
Those figures are sometimes the best. Always useful when you need a good laugh...then cry that you spent your hard earned money on it.

And I already bought Hundred Knights in JP but missed out on the LE. So I may consider picking up the NA ver.
Omnicrom

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:41 pm Reply with quote
It's a bit odd you mention the Weissritter not being in OG Infinite Battle because it is. It got upgraded to the Rein Weissritter ages ago in OG2, and has been that every OG game since including this one.

As for OG Dark Prisoner it's actually kind of its own bonus outfit, it's a sidestory that takes place alongside last years 2nd OGs.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:00 pm Reply with quote
Agnes figure: Oh god, that is so laughably bad, look at the eyes. Yeah, I'm not envious of anyone acquiring that with their pre-order. And yikes, that infamous KOS-MOS figure again. Why did you have to remind me of its horror? DX

Bravely Second: You know, when they announced Yoshida's departure from Square Enix last week, the forums exploded with comments along the lines of how the company has lost all of its major talent and that their doom is guaranteed. Nonsensical exaggeration aside, it's amazing people didn't read the line regarding how he'll be around as long as he is needed.

Space Dandy: I can tell you one thing: I'm seriously looking forward to Space Dandy airing on Toonami in due time.

God Eater 2: Truth be told, I have not put nearly enough time into God Eater Burst as I should have. I haven't been messing with bullet customization on my own (need to consult FAQs for that) and I can't seem to finish off certain Aragami quickly enough despite changing to weapon types that are more effective against them. Seems some missions require you to solo in order to earn an S rank too. I really want to make some progress since the story is intriguing and unlike boring Monster Hunter, there is an actual story to follow in God Eater. God Eater 2 should be localized if only because the first game was really well done and of course we'd get to see Soma, Alisa and Kota again. And of course, I shouldn't need to mention our favorite God Eaters having appeared in Project X Zone recently. ;)
Battle Cossack

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:03 pm Reply with quote
Thanks Todd, I can die happy now having seen someone else mention Metal Max 4.

As far as other criminally-ignored games go, 3D Ecco the Dolphin and 3D Galaxy Force II are coming out on the Nintendo eShop tomorrow! Next week we'll also get 3D Shinobi III and 3D Streets of Rage.
nhat

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:06 pm Reply with quote
i wanted the LE Bravely set for the figure but after looking at that picture, I'm glad I didn't! lol
toddc

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:15 pm Reply with quote
Omnicrom wrote:
It's a bit odd you mention the Weissritter not being in OG Infinite Battle because it is. It got upgraded to the Rein Weissritter ages ago in OG2, and has been that every OG game since including this one.

Yeah, and I hate what they did to it. The Rein looks like some robot gargoyle from Dragonaut or Cyber Castlevania 2099. I much preferred the original design with the feathery shoulders and absence of scales.
BorgmanJayce

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:43 pm Reply with quote
I've actually got that very same LE for Bravely Default and to be honest, even though the appearance may not be good in the eyes of some people, the quality is amazing as the main part is made out of what feels like metal with the base being of an unknown material and the paint quality is really good.
dtm42

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:10 pm Reply with quote
Is that the Statue of Liberty with a ballgag?

Bizarre.
Mr Adventure

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:43 am Reply with quote
Looking forward to Bravely Default.

And I'm really REALLY hoping we see Metal Max 4 in North America. Love me some post-apoc weirdness.
Mr Adventure

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:11 am Reply with quote
Here's kind of a general forum question, why isn't there a dedicated video game sub forum? Video games are kind of a big deal especially in relation to Japan. And we have a dedicated Music Forum...

Just a strange omission IMO.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1