• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: World Conquest Anime's TV Ad With Animated Footage Posted

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sakura Shinguji

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:07 pm Reply with quote
Y'know, an egret is an actual thing. This is the second ANN article I've seen that's tried to "correct" it to "eaglet" for some reason. Is there something I'm missing?
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:11 pm Reply with quote
The series still looks and feels interesting enough to watch with its staff and plot, but it also is beginning to look like one of those shows you hope you never have to explain away to a casual or non-fan about if they ever see those designs…
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Heinzendegger

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:15 pm Reply with quote
Knowing how the industry today is with lolis, it will be a miracle if there's anything more to Devera's clothes that just being a villain outfit, and chances are they will manage to make it non-sexual for the actual show.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:53 pm Reply with quote
It kind of is non-sexual, in a strange way. That's the kind of outfit the rival/enemy would wear in an 80s magical girl anime. To me, it's just stupid. Sure, I guess they were trying to go for an attractive sexy loli, but to me... it just doesn't make sense.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:04 pm Reply with quote
I dunno, I love the outfit... got me interested in the series from the first visual I saw of it and its now one of my most hyped shows of the Winter.
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:00 pm Reply with quote
Sam Murai wrote:
The series still looks and feels interesting enough to watch with its staff and plot, but it also is beginning to look like one of those shows you hope you never have to explain away to a casual or non-fan about if they ever see those designs…

Yup!
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:14 pm Reply with quote
I'm not sure I can take the character designs seriously but this could be a fun watch.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:07 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
I'm not sure I can take the character designs seriously but this could be a fun watch.

I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to.
Momokochan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:46 pm Reply with quote
The girls are cute and the boys look cute too (goro does not count cause he an old man). Suta has really cute expressions and Yasu looks bishoneny. its rare to have cute boys on anime for boys. might as well give it a chance
Seifukun

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:35 pm Reply with quote
everyones pretty cute and i love the designs.
excited for this.
Kikaioh

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:37 pm Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
That's the kind of outfit the rival/enemy would wear in an 80s magical girl anime. To me, it's just stupid. Sure, I guess they were trying to go for an attractive sexy loli, but to me... it just doesn't make sense.

Huh, really? Which 80's magical girl anime are you thinking of? It sort of feels like a stretch to try and see this anime in the same light, esp. when you consider this seems more targeted at otaku than at little girls.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:26 pm Reply with quote
Momokochan wrote:
The girls are cute and the boys look cute too (goro does not count cause he an old man). Suta has really cute expressions and Yasu looks bishoneny. its rare to have cute boys on anime for boys. might as well give it a chance

>Boys
>More than one boy

Picked up liked hell.

I was already gonna watch this series anyway because lolis but oh god Asuta is adorable.

I like how shows these days even if not aimed towards fujos still have the fujo-grabbing character.
configspace

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:43 am Reply with quote
Didn't someone mention that one of these characters was supposed to be a trap?
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:57 am Reply with quote
Kikaioh wrote:
Huh, really? Which 80's magical girl anime are you thinking of? It sort of feels like a stretch to try and see this anime in the same light, esp. when you consider this seems more targeted at otaku than at little girls.

Well, it is more revealing then in the 80s, but the rival mahou shoujo always wore a more revealing outfit then the heroine. Or at least the evil queen, or something, did.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:36 am Reply with quote
configspace wrote:
Didn't someone mention that one of these characters was supposed to be a trap?

Don't remember that...none of them look like one. All the feminie-looking characters have visible breasts.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2