• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Love Live! School Idol Festival Game App Heads Overseas in English

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rookie_one
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:32 am Reply with quote
so long as the price is reasonable (not the crazy $55 pricing on the IDOLM@STER SHINY FESTA iOS apps which I've come very close to buying on a couple occasions)

can't wait for the second season!
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:05 am Reply with quote
rookie_one wrote:
so long as the price is reasonable (not the crazy $55 pricing on the IDOLM@STER SHINY FESTA iOS apps which I've come very close to buying on a couple occasions)

can't wait for the second season!

The Japanese version of this game is available for free on the Apple store, and in-game extra items can cost money. However, I've found myself never buying things.
In comparison, the Shiny Festa games are a lot better-made, and were originally meant for the PSP. The price seemed high for the American market, but in reality, this is actually the price for each of the three in Japan for the PSP.
rookie_one
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:28 am Reply with quote
mewpudding101 wrote:
The Japanese version of this game is available for free on the Apple store, and in-game extra items can cost money. However, I've found myself never buying things.
In comparison, the Shiny Festa games are a lot better-made, and were originally meant for the PSP. The price seemed high for the American market, but in reality, this is actually the price for each of the three in Japan for the PSP.

Yeah I just went to the site and saw that it was free.

That's why I've come close to buying the Shiny Festa games. I do realize they're more than your average iOS app (containing a game + the OVA), but its that mindset that I'm paying that much for a iOS app. I think the most I've spent on an iOS app was $10.

Though with the sales on iTunes gift cards that I see pop up occasionally, I'll probably get them.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:52 am Reply with quote
By English, I assume they just mean the interface and not some worthless attempt to get English singing like in the Haruhi dubs?

Or is it just a compatibility thing? I have a Galaxy S3 and the current version says incompatible which is hilarious since I have Android 4.3. Requirements list 4.0 or higher so I assume it's a region thing that's restricting me? I didn't know such a thing existed. I've never seen that any other JP app before.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:04 pm Reply with quote
Hoping to get a tablet sometime this year. I'm not big on rhythm games but I had an interest in the Japanese version so I'll at least try this out once I have a tablet (not going to try to play this on my phone). My interest in it was before KanColle started sucking up a bunch of my time though, so now I'm not sure I'll have the time for this. Very nice to have it available though, I sure never expected this.
razisgosu

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:56 pm Reply with quote
Would be nice to see the Vita game come over as well. Still holding out hope.
Hideki-Motosuwa

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:19 am Reply with quote
Well, I've been playing this since the JP release and it's actually fun in a sense that it puts a small twist on the card based games that are on the iOS market right now.

For a more indebt look into the game, I did a small preview/review on the game on my website:

http://www.animetoshokan.org/_/reviews/love-live-school-idol-festival-ios-review-r193

The only sad part about the game is that you'll notice that you'll never be able to achieve a huge high score to keep yourself in the top rankings in a song unless you spend money for a chance to win the S or SR cards. Not to mention you need 2 or more of the same SR cards of that character in order to transform them and put them into IDOL mode.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1