• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Vagabond Manga to Go on 4-Month Hiatus

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:54 am Reply with quote
welp......at least this one has a time frame instead of "yeah we'll be back sometime".

Personally i dont mind mangaka taking time off from time to time, better that than make themselves ill and take time off that way. Besides im sure he's woking on other stuff.
Animerican14

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:47 pm Reply with quote
This being the first time I've heard of Vagabond... was it weird that the character, as shown on the news-item's cover on the main site, made me think of Jesus and then Tom Cruise (as depicted in The Last Samurai) within the span of two seconds? Anime hyper

As it might've been obvious from the prior paragraph, I don't read or know a whole lot about manga beyond SJ titles. Nonetheless, the small bits of art I've just seen really look great, as expected of the guy behind Slam Dunk. Just as the manga-ka jumps off of it for a bit, I might jump on in....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:38 pm Reply with quote
Its a really cool story man its well worth your time
oblivious247

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:23 pm Reply with quote
Animerican14 wrote:
This being the first time I've heard of Vagabond... was it weird that the character, as shown on the news-item's cover on the main site, made me think of Jesus and then Tom Cruise (as depicted in The Last Samurai) within the span of two seconds? Anime hyper

As it might've been obvious from the prior paragraph, I don't read or know a whole lot about manga beyond SJ titles. Nonetheless, the small bits of art I've just seen really look great, as expected of the guy behind Slam Dunk. Just as the manga-ka jumps off of it for a bit, I might jump on in....

Putting it nicely, SJ titles are absolute garbage compared to Vagabond.
Ulinox

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:27 pm Reply with quote
He better get back to kicking ass and swordfighting instead of catching fish and farming potatoes and SHIT.
GATSU

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:20 pm Reply with quote
Ulinox: That's part of the samurai lifestyle.
Animerican14

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:50 pm Reply with quote
oblivious247 wrote:

Putting it nicely, SJ titles are absolute garbage compared to Vagabond.

I didn't mean to compare Vagabond and SJ manga titles themselves, as it doesn't surprise me at all to see Vagabond regarded much more highly. And truthfully, I've bothered very little with SJ since I ended my subscription to the magazine 4-5 years ago anyway. Just meant to express my comparative ignorance of manga as an otaku who relies more on anime for his entertainment. (Not to say there *aren't* any that catch my attention nowadays-- A Bride's Story is a joy to read, for instance, and Flowers of Evil has been quite good as well!)

Something tells me I ought to check back in with my local libraries if they've picked up any new manga titles. Might they have some Vagabond in stock I wonder...?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:49 pm Reply with quote
Wasn´t the manga about to end in 2012 when it went on hiatus the firts time ? Did ANN misrepor ?. The current chapters are ace but feel like an ending is coming. Sort of. Answers ?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
oblivious247

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:50 pm Reply with quote
residentgrigo wrote:
Wasn´t the manga about to end in 2012 when it went on hiatus the firts time ? Did ANN misrepor ?. The current chapters are ace but feel like an ending is coming. Sort of. Answers ?

It was about to end. But I believe it was also weekly before it went on hiatus. Now it's monthly.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1