• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Moribito's Nahoko Uehashi Wins Hans Christian Anderson Author Award

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrno2

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:24 pm Reply with quote
That's great news. I've never read the novels but own the series and I love it.
trunkschan90

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:29 pm Reply with quote
I have the series and the first two novels. I wish they would license the rest of the novels I enjoyed them. I wouldn't mind if they animated the second novel since it goes more into Balsa.
mdo7

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:31 pm Reply with quote
Congrats to her for this award, nice job!!! Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
sailorsweeper

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:43 pm Reply with quote
mdo7 wrote:
Congrats to her for this award, nice job!!! Smile
vanfanel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:04 pm Reply with quote
Awesome news! Uehashi is one of my very favorite Japanese authors (and one whose works I'd dearly love to translate). Maybe this award will motivate Scholastic to release more Moribito.

The Erin books really need to be out in English, too. The anime started out well enough to get me to start reading the first one -- and I'm grateful to it for that -- but very soon afterward I dropped the anime altogether, realizing I didn't want to be spoiled by what was clearly turning out to be the weaker version of the story.

(The story itself isn't all that different from what I saw, but it's the telling of it that's not so great; also, they felt the need to add useless sidekicks for some reason, and apparently thought that flatulence was comedy gold. The villain, too, was...er, not like I'd imagined him. spoiler[His character design in the anime practically screams, "I am a sneering villain," but in the book he starts out as a charismatic, likable guy before showing his true colors.])
sontoloyo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:07 pm Reply with quote
Wow....Congrats Uehashi-san!!!!Anime smile Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy I just love her works, both Moribito and Erin, especially Seirei no Moribito saga!!^^ I wish there's more continuation of the anime someday.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:10 pm Reply with quote
I hope this helps Production IG realize that we need more anime in the Seirei world. Such a fanatstic series, one of their best IMO. One of THE best IMO. Balsa is seriously a really amazing character that needs to be explored more in an anime.

Also, this intrusive advertising from Funimation on the sides of the website REALLY needs to stop.
sarroush

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:14 pm Reply with quote
I hope this will eventually be incentive to bring the remaining books of the Moribito series to the west. I own the first two and really hope to be able to read the rest. Though I know they stopped translating them due to lack of sales which is unfortunate.
gilg4mesh

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:54 pm Reply with quote
Erin is the first long-series I've ever watch, and I truly didn't regret watching it... And its manga is unique... usually when a novel made into anime then a manga is made, they would use the anime chara design, make it more like the adaptation of the anime. But Erin's manga is not, they're different from the anime, because it seems that they made it as the novel adaptation. That's so refreshing...

Would love to see more from this author, and I have to watch Moribito! >.<
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:29 am Reply with quote
sarroush wrote:

I hope this will eventually be incentive to bring the remaining books of the Moribito series to the west. I own the first two and really hope to be able to read the rest. Though I know they stopped translating them due to lack of sales which is unfortunate.

Not good enough to overcome the sales. The anime didn't help much. Confused
yuna49

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:08 am Reply with quote
The article incorrectly claims that Moribito is still streaming on Crunchyroll. It was removed from the service some weeks back, probably as a consequence of VIZ obtaining the license. I've never seen any VIZ productions on CR; I presume VIZ prefers to stream over its own service.

In this case Moribito is airing on Neon Alley.

Oh, and congratulations to Uehashi-sama on a well-deserved accolade!
phia_one

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:01 pm Reply with quote
That's great! I loved Moribito, but I haven't read any of the novels that have been translated.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1