• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bunny Drop's Kamei Helms Saenai Heroine no Sodate-kata Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:05 pm Reply with quote
Hope to see a PV soon but this won't be debuting for quite awhile.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Pangea

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:00 am Reply with quote
I read the synopsis and I almost got cancer.
FD2Raptor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:37 am Reply with quote
Sorry, but WTH is up with that synopsis!?

Quote:
a boy who began working part-time to earn enough money to buy an anime Blu-Ray box

False. The "who began working" is really misleading as Tomoya is known to have been working multiple part-time jobs to support his otaku goods consumption.

Quote:
meets a beautiful girl on his way home one night

False. The meeting happened after Tomoya finished his morning newspaper delivery job.

Quote:
As the producer of a dojin software brand

False. It was that exact meeting that turned Tomoya from one of the otaku consumer to one who created a doujin circle in the first place. Hell, it wasn't until the end of the 3rd volume that they finally came up with the circle's name.

Quote:
As the producer of a dojin software brand, he models the heroine of his newest game after her.

Absolutely not! The meeting was so decidedly not-moe for the otaku Aki Tomoya that spoiler[practically the majority of it was erased from his mind]; only the desire to redo it in a more moe way remained and that was what make him wanted to remake said event in a doujin galgames. Asking Katou Megumi to serve as the model for the main heroine is something happened after again, an un-moe-able reunion.

The majority of LN1 is about how the otaku Aki Tomoya came to term with the fact that he was not falling for the twin-tail tsundere childhood friend of half British nationality, or that 3rd year senpai who can be rather vicious with her words, but with a rather normal girl that can't really be describe with any usual otaku term other than lack of presence.

Quote:
so he asks ace of the art club Eriri Spencer Sawamura to provide the art, as well as the honor student Utaha Kasumigaoka to write the scenario.

Man... the way this synopsis was written, you'd think that SaeKano is another random paint by the number harem series where the aim is to make the harem grow ever-larger not the reverse.
Mikeski

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:52 am Reply with quote
FD2Raptor wrote:
SaeKano

Anime dazed

They're not actually abbreviating it like that, are they?
FD2Raptor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:27 pm Reply with quote
Mikeski wrote:
FD2Raptor wrote:
SaeKano

Anime dazed

They're not actually abbreviating it like that, are they?

They did use "冴えカノ" as the abbreviation and its twitter hashtag(?) is indeed #saekano, so...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1